Did Cru Finally Bury the Hatchet With Phoenix?

Finally watching the DCA DVDs at night a couple of corps at a time. Last night watching Rochester Crusaders and had a big tailed 31 year old flashback. Crus' show starts with Firebird (Infernal Dance?) and it hit me that a certain other Rochester Senior (not All-Age) corps started their show with the same song. I started laughing and my wife, knowing my warped sense of humor, asks what's so funny.

In my best Tommy Chong stoner voice I say: "Wow man having a 70s Drum Corp flashback man. If they start playing the Doors "Light My Fire" I'm gonna freak out man".

Yeah, guess what the #### the next song was.... :silly:

So what happened Crusaders, ya finally forgive Corky Fabrizio and company and play this as a salute or somethin'. After those two songs I was looking for someone dressed in a J C Penney work suit and a sash. :ph34r:

And if ya don't get all this, ya ain't old enough.

Hahahaha, yeah many connections have been made, but i ain't saying nothin ;)

Edited by AlbionNY Drum Line

Hahahaha, yeah many connections have been made, but i ain't saying nothin ;)

Ain't you too young to know what I'm talking about Joe. :P

Really kidding as I enjoyed listening to the ahem... more mature members when I was in High School and marched Senior corps. Sure you hear great stories on the Crusaders history.

Hahah my dad marched for a while

only you Jim, only you

:P And it's worse that that, I brought in my 70s DCA CDs to listen at work. I have some programming/database crap to check out and those piston/rotors and marching tymps will drown out any background conversations. :laugh: Between talking about 1975 here and mid 70s on the Westshore thread figure it's time to listen again.

Yeah, I can remember what corps played 30 years ago but sometimes I can't remember where I left my work ID badge the night before. :sshh:

Edited by JimF-3rdBari

Finally watching the DCA DVDs at night a couple of corps at a time. Last night watching Rochester Crusaders and had a big tailed 31 year old flashback. Crus' show starts with Firebird (Infernal Dance?) and it hit me that a certain other Rochester Senior (not All-Age) corps started their show with the same song. I started laughing and my wife, knowing my warped sense of humor, asks what's so funny.

In my best Tommy Chong stoner voice I say: "Wow man having a 70s Drum Corp flashback man. If they start playing the Doors "Light My Fire" I'm gonna freak out man".

Yeah, guess what the #### the next song was.... :laugh:

So what happened Crusaders, ya finally forgive Corky Fabrizio and company and play this as a salute or somethin'. After those two songs I was looking for someone dressed in a J C Penney work suit and a sash. :doh:

And if ya don't get all this, ya ain't old enough.

Cru is not the same corps they were in 75. Todays Cru is under the direction of Mike Linton (Phoenix Member). I think last years book was written by Donny Allen (Phoenix Member) or Corky Fabrezio (Phoenix Member) There are several former Phoenix involved in Cru's Management and Instructional Teams. I don't know if any of that has anything to do with last year's book selection, but it it a good possibility.

Didn't know Corky was still around and still active in corps. Thanks. :)

Also should explain that 1975 was my first full season in Drum Corps (1974 = long story). Because of that and the craziness that year at Prelims/Finals, 1975 has to be my most memorable year in corps even 30 years later.

Edited by JimF-3rdBari

None of the marching members go back that far. As for the staff- all one big happy family!