• YES
    • NO
    • Undecided

No.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My impression on tour was, the kids in the corps really got into the show they were doing. They thrived on being different. But it's much more than that. Any year you audition, develop friendships, learn a show and spend a summer developing a team, you put your heart and soul into whatever your doing.

Of course, I have read a few posts on here over the years by former marching members who never did "get into" a particular show. Some comments I remember from members of Suncoast Sound '87 come to mind, the "My Fair Lady" show. Doesn't mean they didn't try their best, but it seems to me that even if you love your corps, you don't have to fully agree with every single decision the designers make, do you?

Edited by Orpheus

Than prove anti-amped-voice wrong. Get the pro-amped people out here and vote. Don't just wine about it. Do something about it. You are one of the main people that talks about the numbers. This is your chance to get your suporters out there and vote. Prove that your side has the numbers backing you up. VOTE.

Why? I'm not whining about anything...DCI is doing just fine to me. A DCP poll is utterly irrelevant, even more so than the petitions. I don't care what the majority on DCP thinks.

The pro-ampers generally find themselves on the short end of these polls, then spend the majority of their posting trying to tear down the results.

The numbers are right in front of them. They just refuse to see them.

I voted no.

Garry

Oh, I agree that a poll of DCP people will end up as it is. I just find it irrelevant to the totality of the drum corps audience.

Why? I'm not whining about anything...DCI is doing just fine to me. A DCP poll is utterly irrelevant, even more so than the petitions. I don't care what the majority on DCP thinks.

Now, Mike. Don't you know that a poll on DCP is exactly the same as a scientific sampling of all DCI audience members? :wub:

It makes me think of something I heard Colin Cowherd talking about on ESPN Radio last week ... baseball is beholden to its die-hard fans and generally doesn't seem to be growing much or going anywhere. Look at the TV ratings for the World Series and compare them to football or NASCAR. And diametrically opposed to MLB, the NFL and NASCAR aren't afraid to change with the times, and they've never been more popular. In fact, recent decisions by NASCAR involving the way the championship is now determined were initially hated by hard-core fans, but it seems likes it's only added to the sport's popularity. Maybe not directly applicable to this discussion, but it's an interesting thing to think about.

Edited by Orpheus

you're right it wasn't finalist caliber. but you need the ending to be huge, and theirs was anti climatic after the Dj wished everyone safe travels. after that iwas a minute plus of music that really went nowhere

Agreed. Xmen did need an extra dose of something at the end of their show. "Birdland," maybe? <just kidding>

Mike, you don't care what the majority of anybody thinks. As far as you are concerned, this is and should be a director directed activity. Even if 100,000 people said they didn't like the decision of 12 directors, you would favor the directors. :wub:

Actually, I am glad that you can appreciate so many different styles of drum corps. It is quite obvious that you have and will enjoy this activity more than just about anybody else. B)

Mike, you don't care what the majority of anybody thinks. As far as you are concerned, this is and should be a director directed activity. Even if 100,000 people said they didn't like the decision of 12 directors, you would favor the directors. :wub:

I never said your first sentence...I don't care what the majorithy on DCP think, that's true. Never said I don't care about the audience in general.

As for the direction of the activity...yes, you got my POV right on who should drive the overall direction of DCI.

Actually, I am glad that you can appreciate so many different styles of drum corps. It is quite obvious that you have and will enjoy this activity more than just about anybody else. B)

I think there are lots of people like me who love drum corps at every level.