One song shows

So? All you said was that you'd like to hear someone play "On the Waterfront" ... :D

And I did. And now I feel satisfied. :wub::wub:

Can't believe I missed this show before.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Magic did

12 seconds to the moon

Crown did Stormworks

The first 4 minutes was based off of Stormworks. The ballad was an Enya piece. I never knew what the source music was for the number after the ballad that led up to the drum break. The sections after the drum break included music from the movies The Abyss and Stargate, and I believe the final minute was original.

1999 Cadets,

Johan De Meij, Symphony 2 "The Big Apple"

Ballad was not from the Symphony. It was another piece by de Meij. It was Canterbury Chorale.

Corpsreps is wrong about this one as well.

Edited by usmpiano

Sonoran Desert Holiday could and SHOULD be done. I know the ballad parts have been done but the 5/4 fast sections have not and the ending chords just rock my world.

I sit corrected, Blue Knights did a portion of it in 1996 - but that was NOT a faithful arrangement. If I was Dr. Nelson I'd have been ######.

EDIT: WHAT??!! I CAN'T USE A EUPHEMISM FOR EXTREME ANGER!!??

Edited by usmpiano

There was some other material mixed in by de Meij in there, though the vast majority was Stonehenge.

Sonoran Desert Holiday could and SHOULD be done. I know the ballad parts have been done but the 5/4 fast sections have not and the ending chords just rock my world.

Quoted for truth...

I sit corrected, Blue Knights did a portion of it in 1996 - but that was NOT a faithful arrangement. If I was Dr. Nelson I'd have been ######.

"Faithful arrangements" don't always work on the field, though ... especially when it comes to Ron Nelson's music.