Most alienated group...

I always thought the lead sops were the most alienated group in the corps, especially in the brassline.

No no. You're thinking of DCA where the lead sops think they're too cool to march and just sit up front the whole time and scream a little and think they're cool. :P

Edited by Iplaytimpani

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Uhh..DOH!!

G bugle players.

^0^

Garry

Well, if you really want to break it down, the most alienated members are the ones who get stuck carrying the Corps banner during a parade. :P

Well, if you really want to break it down, the most alienated members are the ones who get stuck carrying the Corps banner during a parade.

So...you meen the Pit. =)

Edited by raphael18

In today's drum corps, I think the most alienated group right now is....THE FANS !!! B)

True, however, within the corps, I would say its a toss up between rookies and the field lining crew. Then again, there are those that didnt make the trumpet line...I think the mellophones feel the most internal alienation because they are, well, mellophones. And as everybody knows, a mellophone is just one generation removed from a frumpet.

:P

Elmo Blatch

In my experience I've seen the most alienated group as the pit. Resentment tends to set in when you had the hardest basics block of your life and they actually went to STARBUCKS and then got ICE CREAM the next day! lol :sumo:

To be fair, they did they're job pretty well I think (not a percussion person).

Field linning...that's a good one - but I don't think I'd call it alienated. How could you be, when everyone else is still asleep? =)

[i missed breakfast more than a few times because of that]