With the absence of Gold...

New finalist in 07  

218 members have voted

1. 1. Who will make it that didn't last year? (Open Class)

• Kilties
    • Rochester Crusaders
    • Music City Legend
    • Frontier
    • Skyliners
    • Sunrisers
    • Too early or other corps; eloberate

:laugh:

:P

that means joking Mike. turn the amped narration down so you can get jokes :P

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:P

that means joking Mike. turn the amped narration down so you can get jokes :P

Oh nooooo! We just got this back to the 10th finalist spot after a nasty detour. Don't start with :laugh: the "A" word debate.......

no debate. just teasing him.

and i wont call who it could be this year. way too many choices. all it takes is the right performance at the right time

Isn't it the case that ALL finalist spots are up for grabs.... the 10 in Open Class and the three in Class A?

It's not quite as simple as "subtract Gold and add another corps to take their place."

Fran

BACK ON TOPIC :)

I may be a little bias, but seriously i believe Cru will step up this year.

Joe? Why am I not surprised your saying that? I wonder......

Anyway see you at the finish line

Having marched many years with the Kilties, I can attest that the membership perpetuates the myth that some nebulus DCA conspiracy is set against them being finalists or that they just can't get a shake due to the elements, poor field, long parade etc. Heard it myriad times. For example, I was leaving Madison prelims and happened by another long time, die-hard Kiltie and asked him why they scored so low in a recent show. His simple, gruff, one word reply? ... "judges!" A response I half expected.

In Rochester when their 84.213 DCA prelim score was announced I reacted, "They're in!" Sadly that didn't happen. But why? Largely because their marginal, miniscule Guard scored a 14.1, a tenth above dead last for all prelim corps and almost 3 full points behind the 10th place guard! (Renegades 17.0) As well, one can imagine how much higher their otherwise respectable Visual Effect score (17.2, 10th) would have been had they fielded a plausible guard.

"Judges!" ? ... "Burned" ? Puleeeeeease. Get a credible guard and we'll look for you in finals.

Thanks Brassop. The ea1974 quote IS MY EX HUSBANDS!!!!!!!!!!. He is more passionate about this activity than I am.But his opinion is right. The Kilties should quit whining about the past and work at getting better. My vote is for MCL.

:P :P :P :P :P :P :P

Isn't it the case that ALL finalist spots are up for grabs.... the 10 in Open Class and the three in Class A?

It's not quite as simple as "subtract Gold and add another corps to take their place."

Fran

Yes, but it is true that there is one GUARANTEED spot, and that is what this topic is meant for.

Having marched many years with the Kilties, I can attest that the membership perpetuates the myth that some nebulus DCA conspiracy is set against them being finalists or that they just can't get a shake due to the elements, poor field, long parade etc. Heard it myriad times. For example, I was leaving Madison prelims and happened by another long time, die-hard Kiltie and asked him why they scored so low in a recent show. His simple, gruff, one word reply? ... "judges!" A response I half expected.

In Rochester when their 84.213 DCA prelim score was announced I reacted, "They're in!" Sadly that didn't happen. But why? Largely because their marginal, miniscule Guard scored a 14.1, a tenth above dead last for all prelim corps and almost 3 full points behind the 10th place guard! (Renegades 17.0) As well, one can imagine how much higher their otherwise respectable Visual Effect score (17.2, 10th) would have been had they fielded a plausible guard.

"Judges!" ? ... "Burned" ? Puleeeeeease. Get a credible guard and we'll look for you in finals.

Derek, You are correct about the guard issues.

On the other point of the whole corps walking around whinning about the judges,you could not be more offbase. You talked to 1 member.

The overall feeling of the corps after the show was that we did what we did. We threw it down and if our show was good enough to make it was good enough to make it, No more,no less.

To say we weren't dissappointed that we missed out would be a lie.But we realized that YES Virginia,there were 10 other corps that went out and did better than us.

The corps as a whole has a totally different attitude since last you marched with us.

It is an Attitude that Nobody Hands you Anything, That we have to work smarter and as one entity go out and throw it down.

As for the reference to the Fiasco thread, I read about 1/2 of it. All I saw were valid points and not anything about getting screwed. If in the pages I did not read there were references to bad judging or whatever it is the thoughts of one or two people,not the corps.

All I can say is: never count the Snapettes out of the hunt.......

I'm secretly picking the Confusionaires..... :laugh: