What If Your Corps....

merged with another corps, who would it be and how big would the corps had been?

My corps was the Royal Coachmen and I would have liked to see them merge with the Imperial Regiment. We would have had about 60 horns or more, 10 snares, 5-6 quads, 5-6 bass, 6 or more cymbals and 5-6 keyboards and a guard of about 40. Probably could have called us The Imperial Coachmen.

Interesting question Keith.

I guess it's winter again when you start posting these philosophicals to us.

Let's see...

Argonauts would have merged either with Spartans or Marauders. Creating mass hysteria! Dogs and Cats living together!

Or they would have (did, actually) merged with the original Oregon Crusaders, and gained 2 horns and a colour guard member. Hee!

Been there, done that in the Senior world.

Keystone Kavaliers (I'll wait for everyone to say WHO?) merged with reformed Westshoremen Bonnie Scots to become Westshoremen, Inc. Keystone had about two dozen members of which about a handful were left by the end of the year with Westshore. I was the third last former Keystone member when I left a few years later.

And when we quit using the Inc part no one noticed. Well, no one noticed when we used it anyway. :P

The Muchachos were close to Garfield...so I guess we could have merged to make one great, and large corps....the Cachachos. :P

The GSC corps I marched with in 68/69, the Livingston Imperial Guardsmen, actually did merge at some point with the Dukes from Old Bridge to form the DIGS. Didn't last long.

I marched with the Bracken Cavaliers, a GSC and NJA corps, and in 1974 we merged with the Earls of Bucks, another GSC and NJA corps. Though it did help a little with the numbers, we did not fair well on the field. That caused half our corps to go to Cabs and the other half to traveled 1/2 hour south to that other new merger corps from the Philly area. It was a sad day when we broke up, but everyone seemed to end up in a very good situation. I marched with Crossmen, that other merger corps, until my age-out year in 76. I always wished I could have marched just one more year.

merged with another corps, who would it be and how big would the corps had been?

My corps was the Royal Coachmen and I would have liked to see them merge with the Imperial Regiment. We would have had about 60 horns or more, 10 snares, 5-6 quads, 5-6 bass, 6 or more cymbals and 5-6 keyboards and a guard of about 40. Probably could have called us The Imperial Coachmen.

I have to say that The Royal Coachmen did "merge" with a corps in 1977 (May) and it was the worst decision the corps could've made. The corps got bigger but our show that we learned all winter was scraped and the only thing we kept was our previous years "Porgy and Bess" medley. The uniforms didn't help either as one corps called us the A & W Cadets. I wish we would've merged with IR or just made a go of it on our own. The sad thing is, the previous year we started off the spring with 24 horns and within a short time went to 36. In May of 1977 we had 28 horns and probably would've gotten bigger. Our music was, if I can remember was "Jupiter" (Holsts'), The "Porgy and Bess Medley" improved. I can't remember what other pieces we were going to do.