Old Senior Corps Photos

Tony, no matter who may say what, remember that many of us can see eye to eye in Lilliput........including Bear

Yep, we're becoming a "larger" club these days.... (more of "us" and with me "larger" is a good description.. :smile: )

I think it was the (then) new court house on King St. What were you doing in the court house????

If I were there, I'd be 'a-courtin' (pun intended :-). I'm assuming Hamilton's King Street and not one of the other Ontario King Streets. Architectural studies used to be a hobby of mine. I like the building's facade and I like drum corps, of course. Stumbled on this today while looking for the court house.

hamilton-viscounts.jpg

If I were there, I'd be 'a-courtin' (pun intended :-). I'm assuming Hamilton's King Street and not one of the other Ontario King Streets. Architectural studies used to be a hobby of mine. I like the building's facade and I like drum corps, of course. Stumbled on this today while looking for the court house.

hamilton-viscounts.jpg

Viscounts were a good little corps...I think the uniforms were later sold to Kingston Grenadiers and they wore them up until around 1970.

Tony, no matter who may say what, remember that many of us can see eye to eye in Lilliput........including Bear

true. but your head makes a great armrest!

DUNKIRKPATRIOTS.jpg

Dunkirk Patriots...these guys were always fun to party with. When I was with Commanders we would often choose which show to attend by the quality of the after-corps party. The Patriots show in the old RCA Circuit was not be missed by us! Off to the Koch's Beer tent!!

Left to Right:

Ron Korbas, Paul Duncan, Bill Adamczak, Steve Karin, Vinnie Cole, Gary Gillson, and yes, Hall of Fame Member Steve Cooley.

SeniorCorps0002.jpg

Caballeros from 1965 Shriners International Program (Toronto)

"National Open Champions" 1957 and '60 to '63. If that's not The Dream, I can't imagiine what it is. But what an odd way to describe The Dream. National Invitational Champs, maybe . But "Open" Champs?

Robert

Viscounts were a good little corps...I think the uniforms were later sold to Kingston Grenadiers and they wore them up until around 1970.

...and there were SO many corps like them in the early 1960's...there was a show somewhere within a two hour drive almost every Saturday night..In our Niagara area alone we had the Welland-Trojan Lancers, Throrold Black Knights, Merriton Grenadiers, Port Dalhousie Guardsmen and Niagara Militaires...That's 5 senior corps within 15 miles of each other! The Viscounts were just down the highway in Hamilton. No huge powerhouses, but good, solid little corps that gave the guys from the neighborhood a chance to perform and have some fun on Saturday night.

don't underestimate how good some of those corps were Bruce... there was quality there...

I have often spoken of the peak in NY/Canadian Circuit activity as being the championship in 1959 in Auburn NY... what was it? 105 corps with NO downstate corps... only corps from Albany to Toronto... that was one amazing show.

don't underestimate how good some of those corps were Bruce... there was quality there...

I have often spoken of the peak in NY/Canadian Circuit activity as being the championship in 1959 in Auburn NY... what was it? 105 corps with NO downstate corps... only corps from Albany to Toronto... that was one amazing show.

105 corps!! Wonder what the record is? I thought the early World Open Championships were huge with 60-70 corps!