Favorite 2nd Place show of the 2000's

Which 2nd place show from 2000-2006 was your favorite?  

231 members have voted

1. 1. Which 2nd place show from 2000-2006 was your favorite?

• Blue Devils 2000(closest thing to 2nd due to the tie)
    • Blue Devils 2001
    • Cadets 2001
    • Blue Devils 2002
    • Cavaliers 2003
    • Blue Devils 2004
    • Cavaliers 2005
    • Phantom Regiment 2006
  2. 2. Should the show you chose have won?

• Yes
    • No

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(HylianHero @ Dec 6 2006, 11:35 PM)

I picked BD '04, and yes I do believe it should have won. It was ridiculously clean.

i second that. there were a lot of ticks in cavies that year, and summertrain was one of the cleanest shows i've seen. not really sure why BD didn't win.

I went back and watched the show again (on High Cam), and yes - there is dirt in both shows - but I'd say it is more noticable in BDs. I really do think the right corps won in 2004 - now, 2001...that's a different conversation (BD got robbed).

I picked BD '04, and yes I do believe it should have won. It was ridiculously clean.

exactly what i was going to say.

Phantom 06, and no... Cavaliers were just better.

Cavaliers 03, and yes.

~>conner

I voted for Cavaliers 2003. I also voted no. I just don't think it was clean enough. You do need to give credit for that crazy difficulty. As Naymizzle noted: clean wins. An amazing show.

-B

Cavaliers 01,02,04

Edited by BenHall

phantom 06, should it have won?? maaaaaaybe... its really close they werent as clean from up top, their feet were better i thought, better hornline, better drumline, better music, better GE (music, F what the judge says) ....cavies had better vis ensemble, better ensemble musice, better guard...better visual GE (F what the judge says)..... tough

the only year i could say for sure the winner shouldnt have won was cavies 01..... gross

BD 01. I'm not really sure about whether or not they should've won. Honestly I just tend to trust the judges' evaluation. They know more about that stuff than I do and it's literally impossible to judge Individual captions (Brass, Drums, Visual) from the stands. You have no idea what they're seeing/hearing from their vantage point on the field and they're usually pretty good about qualifying their statements and justifying their placements.

The short answer is no, I don't think BD should've won.

Cavies 2003! yes!- i'm glad they are getting the props they deserve- BD was really awesome- their PERFORMANCE was very spirited, and they did some cool stuff- but i thought Cavies had them dominated in GE, design, creativity... i know the judges didnt knock them down one just becuase they had won 3 straight, but it just feels like it sometimes... i was at Indy in retreat- on the field- when BD topped them for the first time and the place went NUTS- huge reaction... i think they were just glad to see some variety- and i dont blame them and i feel the same way sometimes- but in the end- just watching the finals DVDs- its hard for me to agree with the way the judges called it that night...

i just cant believe what im hearing from people about how "rediculously clean" bd 04 was. i mean i would LOVE to put them over cavies, trust me. but i just cant get past what is right there in front of my eyes. now when it comes to cavies they were just so much cleaner visually and the only thing i could really hold against them is that they were a little lead trumpet heavy. i enjoyed bd's show very much, but i just cant put them ahead of cavies no matter how much i would love to