Favorite 2nd Place show of the 2000's

Which 2nd place show from 2000-2006 was your favorite?  

231 members have voted

1. 1. Which 2nd place show from 2000-2006 was your favorite?

• Blue Devils 2000(closest thing to 2nd due to the tie)
    • Blue Devils 2001
    • Cadets 2001
    • Blue Devils 2002
    • Cavaliers 2003
    • Blue Devils 2004
    • Cavaliers 2005
    • Phantom Regiment 2006
  2. 2. Should the show you chose have won?

• Yes
    • No

the only thing i could really hold against them is that they were a little lead trumpet heavy

heh, compared to BD? :)

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

its pretty clear that GE wins championships before execution. dont misinterpret me, im not saying u can have a great designed GE infested show and be sloppy as #@$% . BUT if two corps are neck to neck in performance captions, the show with the better package wins. For instance....Cavies 04 vs. BD 04, both were GREAT shows!! HOWEVER, from beginning to end....Cavies had the better package, which includes: flow of the show, drill (GE purposes), music that fitted the drill, and they followed the theme stronger. I will say BD's hornline sounded better (obviously 20.0 on quarters...but that score could be argued for another thread, lol) and there feet and drill were just as clean if not cleaner (but nothing noticably drastic between the two corps). but this would be an instance where the better designed show wins.

Now, in 2003....BD vs. Cavies, both shows were designed very well. I may even venture to say cavies had a slightly better show design. BUT...BD's execution and performance levels, I believe, were much much much noticably higher. Also had A LOT more energy. so this is a result in the cleaner show won.

my picks were between BD 04, which they should have won.

and PR 06, which i'm still indecisive about the win, cuz i liked both PR and cavies in 06.

I haven't voted yet because I'm torn between BD 2000 and PR 2006.

Easy call - BOTH Cavs 03 and PR 06

Cavs 03 should have won, but we can't have a 4-year winner, so whatever... plus BD was pretty #### clean that year...

PR 06, FANTASTIC show... and probably would have won in like 05 or 01, but not 06.

BD 04's a great one too and while it's great, I still think Cavs 04 is better (funny enough most of BD 04 told us they really thought we deserved to win... such a great group :))

Favorite Second Place:

Phantom 06.... (with the win going to Cavies)