SPLOOIE

FJTDC

Funny, I did not know suta was to be a secret…there were always 2 meanings, a polite one that you were allowed to talk about and one that was kept for the corp…they still teach the kids that these days?

Yeah, pretty sure its secret. :)

Along with a few others...

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm just guessing, but those terms probably mean different things to different members from different era's of a corps, and they usually keep it to themselves or amongst themselves. Which is cool. :)

Spoolie, ??? Never heard of it. Maybe its "Sloopie"? As in "Hang on". Remember that?

:)

I actually remember that song.

Spoolie, ??? Never heard of it. Maybe its "Sloopie"? As in "Hang on". Remember that?

:)

Isn't that a pet name that Jerry Seinfeld used for one of his girlfriends?

As my brother Paul Milano stated there were many meanings out there for a long time but only a few select few knew the true meaning. Unitl 4 years ago I thought I knew it then while in a room full of alumni (or is that alums?) from the 50's, 60's and 70's, I learned the true meaning.

My wife gave up long ago trying to get it out of me. And she can be VERY persuasive ^0^

Edited by dc oldtimer

I'm just guessing, but those terms probably mean different things to different members from different era's of a corps, and they usually keep it to themselves or amongst themselves. Which is cool.

If its what I'm thinking of, it was the original meaning when the word was first used by the all-male winter-guard (at least they told us an alternate one during corps history night). Also, from what I've gathered, there are slight variations in the meanning depending on when the person marched - but overall it means the same thing.

SPOOHIE is noise my tummy makes after a trip to the golden corral...............which is followed by me blowing up the restroom.

I heard it had somthing to do with Jim Jones. And a goat.

Actually a ferret. :rolleyes:

But seriously, what's the only word in the English language with four consecutive vowels? :lol:

But seriously, what's the only word in the English language with four consecutive vowels? :rolleyes:

There's more than one:

Aqueous

Sequoia

Queue

There are even more, but they are obscure.

Edited by Michael Boo