Cadets

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmm, what's more annoying to me???

1) Hearing amps better than I can hear the horns or drums?

2) Hearing what someone is yelling better than I can hear horns or drums?

$1000 on #2 Alex.........

Guys and gals, let's keep in mind that Hrothgar has no drum corps experience whatsoever. There's no point in bickering with this person, as he is the kind of person who will scream "Not drum corps!" onto the recording, thus ruining it...and yet he has no idea what he's talking about.

Honestly, judging by his behavior and demeanor, I'd much rather him not say that he's a fan of the Cadets...he certainly doesn't support the corps the way he says he does. I apologize, but you do not understand this activity. If you truly did understand it, then you would not behave the way you do.

Please grow up, and leave my corps alone.

We got the whole run-down on Saturday night after dinner and before ensemble rehearsal. I'm sure George is planning on announcing the show publicly this week.

So with that in mind, I won't divulge anything specific until the official announcement comes out.

BUT I will say this:

The opener is incredibly difficult.

We will have a REAL ballad.

There will be a classic Cadet drum break.

The closer will have you out of your seat.

The whole approach, spirit, and "feel" of the show strongly reminds me of Cadets 2000 ^OO^

Yeah Drew Do it up We all will be cheering on all of you folks..

(our tickets were on the 10 yardline, so we just stood in the aisle in the middle of premium seating during each show).

All credibility lost right here. I get it that not everyone can afford premium seats. THAT'S WHY THEY'RE CALLED "PREMIUM" SEATS !!!!!

Basically, you're stealing from DCI by not paying for the vantage point you got, and then you turn around and interfere with the enjoyment of full ticket-buying (and cd/dvd buying) customers.

And explain to me again how talking directly to a corps' staff member who is right next to you is a LESS effective way to express your opinion (and/or suggestions) about the design of their show than yelling out some general invective from the midst of 20,000 people....

All credibility lost right here. I get it that not everyone can afford premium seats. THAT'S WHY THEY'RE CALLED "PREMIUM" SEATS !!!!!

Basically, you're stealing from DCI by not paying for the vantage point you got, and then you turn around and interfere with the enjoyment of full ticket-buying (and cd/dvd buying) customers.

And explain to me again how talking directly to a corps' staff member who is right next to you is a LESS effective way to express your opinion (and/or suggestions) about the design of their show than yelling out some general invective from the midst of 20,000 people....

Well, we weren't sitting in premium seats, we were just standing in the aisle next to them the whole time. So we didn't take anyone's seats. I even asked an event staff before the show started, and he said, "You can stand in the aisle during the performances as long as as soon as they're done, you go back inside the stadium (so you're not blocking anyone), then come out for the next performance."

Well, we weren't sitting in premium seats, we were just standing in the aisle next to them the whole time. So we didn't take anyone's seats. I even asked an event staff before the show started, and he said, "You can stand in the aisle during the performances as long as as soon as they're done, you go back inside the stadium (so you're not blocking anyone), then come out for the next performance."

Here:

You forgot to answer that part.

Accepted, I suppose. Although I wonder how that would have worked out if everyone who bought tickets on the 10 decided to do the same thing. Seems to me you got lucky with finding a helpful event staffer and that too many others didn't try to do the same thing. Still think that should have put you in a mind not to yell things to interfere with those around you who did pay for their seats.

Look I wasn't thrilled with all the shows last year either, for a variety reasons, so don't think I'm just piling on you for your stance, but I certainly wouldn't yell something out to ruin the enjoyment of those around me who paid for their tickets just the same as me. I've heard folks badmouth shows that I liked and I certainly wouldn't appreciate them yelling stuff about those corps in my ear (or on my cd!!!).

And you haven't answered my second question. If you really wanted to get your point across to the Cadets, I fail to see how talking directly to a staff member would somehow be LESS effective than yelling out in a crowd.

Edited by Liam

Maybe this is just Hrothgar's brilliant plan to get everyone to defend The Cadets.

Seriously though, there have been so many threads hijacked by him lately, with most of them being negative. Not to mention the fact that the posts are usually something nobody wants to read on here. I know I'm speaking generally, but I'm sure it's pretty close to that as it is. He may not be breaking any community guidelines, but there is defininetly something "destructive" about these numerous posts.

I would ask if there are any changes that could be made by the Mods that would help the situation, but I'm sure everyone will just be told to calm down. After all, we're all responding to the bait just as much as he is. The problem is, there is only one consistent problem and that seems to be Hrothgar. Sorry to bring this up publically, but I felt like it would get more accomplished. I'm also sure there are many people who would like to know of a solution, not just me.

I would ask if there are any changes that could be made by the Mods that would help the situation, but I'm sure everyone will just be told to calm down. After all, we're all responding to the bait just as much as he is. The problem is, there is only one consistent problem and that seems to be Hrothgar. Sorry to bring this up publically, but I felt like it would get more accomplished. I'm also sure there are many people who would like to know of a solution, not just me.

Well, in another thread, he wondered what anti-ampers could do and if a boycott would be effective in changing the future design choices of drum corps.

I suggest we run a little experiment here on DCP to find out how effective a boycott can be to change others' behavior ......

(edited to shorten quoted passage)

Edited by Liam