Just wondering...

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah and then look at scv 05

One of my all time favorite shows...

Does the "it was meant to be that way" response to the lack of guard integration seem like a cop out to anyone else?

No

Does the "it was meant to be that way" response to the lack of guard integration seem like a cop out to anyone else?

not at all...the Cadets design team has displayed in many different shows great guard integration. they didnt need to prove in 2005 that they can do that, maybe they were really just going for a different effect. I dont think anyone would argue the fact that the Cadets went for 'different' in 2005 and 2006.

not at all...the Cadets design team has displayed in many different shows great guard integration. they didnt need to prove in 2005 that they can do that, maybe they were really just going for a different effect. I dont think anyone would argue the fact that the Cadets went for 'different' in 2005 and 2006.

Of course they have to prove it. Why should they get a free pass because they did it well in prior years? That's like saying that if Cavaliers have bad drill this year, that it's okay, because it's been great the last couple years.

Please tell me where it says the guard has to be intergrated. I dont think they need to prove anything.. They are consistently great year in year out

The composition box on the Ensemble Visual Sheet

"Unity"

"Integration/Cohesion"

I've never been to a DCI critique for ensemble visual where the guard integration was not part of the conversation.

In regard to integration,

It is quite obvious from 95% (approximation) of their shows that they have integrated and done so VERY successfully. Now, where does it say that integration means glueing the guard to the rest of the corps?

Definition of integration, thanks to dictionary.com: "an act or instance of combining into an integral whole." Now, the whole being the show, the guard's drill work of various things (waves in Liquid, etc etc) along with the rest of the corps' drill and shapes (mirror effect at beginning of ballad) combined together to create a whole package. This way, ESPECIALLY during Liquid, various shapes and Liquid-y forms could be created at the same time and interweave with each other elegantly and with taste. Of course, IMO.

In regard to integration,

It is quite obvious from 95% (approximation) of their shows that they have integrated and done so VERY successfully. Now, where does it say that integration means glueing the guard to the rest of the corps?

Definition of integration, thanks to dictionary.com: "an act or instance of combining into an integral whole." Now, the whole being the show, the guard's drill work of various things (waves in Liquid, etc etc) along with the rest of the corps' drill and shapes (mirror effect at beginning of ballad) combined together to create a whole package. This way, ESPECIALLY during Liquid, various shapes and Liquid-y forms could be created at the same time and interweave with each other elegantly and with taste. Of course, IMO.

yeah...what he said! :P