Horn companies...

Bluecoats considered King horns when they were switching from Kanstul after the 2004 season. They ended up choosing Yamaha instead.

Weren't the coats on Kings in 2004?

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Weren't the coats on Kings in 2004?

I believe they were on Kanstuls from 2002 to 2004.

Someone needs to fix the valves on King Baritones and Euphs, fo' real. Kings sound good, but they are not particularly resilient.

I never had any trouble - its important to make sure you wash them out when you first get them to get the metal shavings out. If you forgot to do that, then yes - you'd have some major issues.

I'd put money down that Phantom would figure out how to be just as loud on Yamahas, Dynasties... they'd figure it out if they were playing on kazus.

You mean they aren't already? ;-)

You mean they aren't already? ;-)

No, that was Southwind back in '98. :D

Or Jubal this past season. :P

I'd put money down that Phantom would figure out how to be just as loud on Yamahas, Dynasties... they'd figure it out if they were playing on kazus.

:blink:

The dedicated approach to the breathing gym (taught by Sam and Pat in person), and a tradition of pushing the instruments to their limits is where the volume comes from...the Kings are great, because they help facilitate that.

I once had the opportunity to play on a G bari from Madison in 02, and can say that the Bb King euphs allow for a very similar amount of air flow. Bassically, whatever you can put out will go through - pretty tough to overblow a King euph. (But it is possible)

At finals warm-up in 03 an understudy had a bari out at warm-up, and we were trying to play it but kept having trouble (over blowing) because we had spent the whole summer playing the euphs.

At finals warm-up in 03 an understudy had a bari out at warm-up, and we were trying to play it but kept having trouble (over blowing) because we had spent the whole summer playing the euphs.

Ahh, large bore. How we love thee. :D

By the way, I see by your avatar that you're a Ghost in the Shell fan.

OT: Good catch, your the first one to say anythign about it. Must admit that I'm kind of annoyed that the series ended. It's nice to see things on TV that actually requrie the viewer to think.

And anothing thought... if King=Loud, then yamaha=...?

he already said yamaha=sounding good.

both are gross oversimplifications.

Cavaliers and Cadets both play on Yamaha, they sound nothing alike.

Phantom would be loud no matter what they played on. The notion that their sound would improve on Yamahas is silly, provided they kept doing whatever it is they do.

:blink:

The dedicated approach to the breathing gym (taught by Sam and Pat in person), and a tradition of pushing the instruments to their limits is where the volume comes from...the Kings are great, because they help facilitate that.

I guess the terminology one uses depends on the person. Regiment 2003 alums apparently call it "pushing the instruments to their limits." I consider it overblowing. To each his own.