I have a statement.

I was surprised to learn that a few people outside of the Skyliners organization are publicly and privately predicting that the New York Skyliners are "going down," and that the organization will not field a competitive corps this year. Some are making these statements out of concern, others ... unbelievably, seemingly happy ... a-la your typical vengeful DCA animosity.

I want to state for the record that the Skyliners are coming out this season. There is much to be done, for sure, but the corps is not going anywhere. Period. In January, the comprehensive Plan that the Skyliners will use this year as a foundation to build the corps on will be presented, and we are moving forward. Other than putting the staff in place and general discussions, the Skyliners have yet to implement this Plan.

I would ask those of you who are concerned, and those of you in the not-so-nice category, who are circling the corps like vultures and trying to steal their members ... to sit back, and take a deep breath. One's success in a drum corps season is not determined by the "score" you get by how many people you have at Open House, and you should worry about your own corps.

Again, we are not letting the corps die. This is a long-term goal, and there are many people who care very deeply about the New York Skyliners.

If you are trying to hurt the New York Skyliners in any way shape or form, you need to re-evaluate why you are in this activity. If you want to help the Skyliners, donations and recruiting help is always appreciated.

DCA needs the Skyliners ... and they aren't going anywhere.

Thank you for listening.

Lee Rudnicki

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In this day and age, it really is sad that anyone anywhere, on any level of the drum corps activity.... junior, all-age, alumni, whatever.... would openly root for another corps to go under.

The activity needs all the corps it can get.

I hope the Skyliners (and everyone else) are around for another 100 years.

Fran

Got to love that grapevine, same message, just fill in the corps.Unfortunetly some drumcorps barflies, hear something, that a certain someone 'high up' was supposed to have overheard etc, etc. Their agenda is to make themselves look important as being in the know. The internet just makes it worse!! <**>

Why even waste time on the nay-sayers? Field a strong corps, blow everyone off the field and then end with few well placed "I told you so's". Seems counter-productive to even spend any energy addressing stupid rumors.

Best of luck to Sky. I can't wait to see the show this year. :lol:

Michael

Why even waste time on the nay-sayers? Field a strong corps, blow everyone off the field and then end with few well placed "I told you so's". Seems counter-productive to even spend any energy addressing stupid rumors.

Best of luck to Sky. I can't wait to see the show this year. :lol:

Michael

Unfortunetly, the nay sayers do alot of damage, and groups are forced into damage control.The time it takes a corps to get to, the level of blowing away the negative comments, takes longer to do, with the obstacles they create. It would be more detrimental to any organization not to deal with whats' being spread around, than to ignore it.

Edited by jeff danchik

I was surprised to learn that a few people outside of the Skyliners organization are publicly and privately predicting that the New York Skyliners are "going down," and that the organization will not field a competitive corps this year. Some are making these statements out of concern, others ... unbelievably, seemingly happy ... a-la your typical vengeful DCA animosity.

I want to state for the record that the Skyliners are coming out this season. There is much to be done, for sure, but the corps is not going anywhere. Period. In January, the comprehensive Plan that the Skyliners will use this year as a foundation to build the corps on will be presented, and we are moving forward. Other than putting the staff in place and general discussions, the Skyliners have yet to implement this Plan.

I would ask those of you who are concerned, and those of you in the not-so-nice category, who are circling the corps like vultures and trying to steal their members ... to sit back, and take a deep breath. One's success in a drum corps season is not determined by the "score" you get by how many people you have at Open House, and you should worry about your own corps.

Again, we are not letting the corps die. This is a long-term goal, and there are many people who care very deeply about the New York Skyliners.

If you are trying to hurt the New York Skyliners in any way shape or form, you need to re-evaluate why you are in this activity. If you want to help the Skyliners, donations and recruiting help is always appreciated.

DCA needs the Skyliners ... and they aren't going anywhere.

Thank you for listening.

Lee Rudnicki

:lol::lol:

Unfortunetly, the nay sayers do alot of damage, and groups are forced into damage control.The time it takes a corps to get to, the level of blowing away the negative comments, takes longer to do, with the obstacles they create. It would be more detrimental to any organization not to deal with whats' being spread around, than to ignore it.

Well put. You took the words right out of my mouth, my friend.

Sooner or later, we need to change this hostile culture in DCA. This whole angry war-like attitude, where every corps looks out itself at the expense of everyone else needs to go away. If only people would realize that looking out for the activity as a whole IS in their corps best interests.

If we work together, DCA can become something amazing and famous ... regardless of who wins.

edited cuz i cant spel

Edited by drumlaw80

OK, good point. I did not think of it that way.

Thanks!

Michael