I have a statement.

With SEVERAL dollars going to Jeff Ream, "I LOVE THE LAST 250 DAYS BEFORE FINALS".....

man this could be as fun as the summer of dca love in 1997

:laugh:

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope the new East Coast Fusion Corps will start to focus on its own "core," and look elsewhere for staff and members besides the current marching membership of the New York Skyliners.

It's one thing to walk away from a drum corps that is having a hard time ... it's another to then try to hurt it.

Hey Lee!

I'm not sure that making public accusations without knowing both sides of the story is the way to go. I have good friends in both organizations and keep in frequent contact with them.

Best of luck to both the Skyliners and Fusion Core in 2007!! oh, and Happy Holidays! <santa>

NY Skyliners 86-90 (proud ring holder), 95, 03

So....................since Twinkies, roaches and Skyliners will be the only survivors of the nuclear holocaust, when I ascend from my fallout shelter I plan to sit RIGHT SMACK DAB in front of Sky's hornline, munching out on Twinkies and tossing roaches at the horn arc and letting the decibels splat them in mid air. Kind of like post-apolyptic skeet shooting :)

Lee whining about something again? Figures.

People recruit for their own gain. Get over it. What makes it so special or different if it happens to the Skyliners? I have absolutely NOTHING against the Skyliners organization, but I fail to see what makes this case so special? It is because you are part of it? Not enough attention at home?

The NY State corps/Canadian corps, and Pennsylvania corps all grow through this year after year. Friends will follow friends, members will follow staff, etc... it's something that will always happen.

Don't think for one minute your s**t don't stink. Get over yourself, you aren't the first one to ever have this happen to.

Again, ask any member or staff from a NY State corps. See how they deal with it year after year.

So....................since Twinkies, roaches and Skyliners will be the only survivors of the nuclear holocaust, when I ascend from my fallout shelter I plan to sit RIGHT SMACK DAB in front of Sky's hornline, munching out on Twinkies and tossing roaches at the horn arc and letting the decibels splat them in mid air. Kind of like post-apolyptic skeet shooting :)

Nicely put! :D

Again, ask any member or staff from a NY State corps. See how they deal with it year after year.

it's not just NY State corps. all you need to do is look at Hurcs, Bush, Cabs, and back in the early part of the 90's you could have included Sun & Sky in that list too. i've always joked that drum corps in this area can be a rather incestuous activity. some people do consider leaving one corps for a competitor to be just as nasty as kissing your sister.

some people move around from corps to corps looking for something they may never find on the chance they will. it's not just about a ring. it's about friends and feeling like a family in many cases. some people find a home in one corps and stay there for life.

i wish all the corps well. i hope that the animosity ends. we're a small enough activity that the in-fighting, the back-stabbing, the comments that are made public and the ones that go on behind our back, hurt all of us, not just one or two corps.

This kind of stuff goes on every year and HAS gone on every year since the dawn of time. When I was with the Chieftains, Westshoremen, Skyliners and Sunrisers, we always had to worry about members leaving to go to the Brigs, Bucs, Hurcs, Empire, Bush, Cabs, Raiders, Surf, Cadets, Crossmen, etc.... So nothing new there. Best thing I can say, is that you can't take it personally. Like said previously, members will gravitate towards bigger, better things. They will move from corps to corps follwing staff or friends. It happens. Best you can do is try and remind people that if we all pull together, the small corps can become a big corps. And the worldwill be great.

DCP is a great way to get information out about corps news from a scheduling, programming, and competitive aspect. As well it is a great way for people to learn about the history of drum corps and talk about things worth sharing about whats happening with a corps........ ie : Corps banquets and unfortunately the passing on of people who have been part of the drum corps commnunity.

Growing up as a Caballero, I can tell you that if there was ever an issue like this one; we would be told never to discuss this outside of the corps. I thought that the Skyliners had that same philosophy !!!! Corps Directors like Cos would not stand for this as it creates an uncontrollable situation. Lee, please take this matter offline and deal with it on an administration level. This is not helping any corps ..........and what you are stating is not new. I am just a drum corps guy that is asking you not to take issue with things such as this to a public forum.

DCP is a great way to get information out about corps news from a scheduling, programming, and competitive aspect. As well it is a great way for people to learn about the history of drum corps and talk about things worth sharing about whats happening with a corps........ ie : Corps banquets and unfortunately the passing on of people who have been part of the drum corps commnunity.

Growing up as a Caballero, I can tell you that if there was ever an issue like this one; we would be told never to discuss this outside of the corps. I thought that the Skyliners had that same philosophy !!!! Corps Directors like Cos would not stand for this as it creates an uncontrollable situation. Lee, please take this matter offline and deal with it on an administration level. This is not helping any corps ..........and what you are stating is not new. I am just a drum corps guy that is asking you not to take issue with things such as this to a public forum.

Well said Joe.........