I have a statement.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK, good point. I did not think of it that way.

Thanks!

Michael

Its worse when you have to deal with it on a regular basis :(

Even though I'm no longer with the corps, I'm still a Skyliner fan. I hope that all the hard work DOES pay off and that the corps gets stronger and stronger each year. DCA without Sky would be like DCI without the Troopers. (I know... Troopers were out, but they're BACK! And I know they'll be as good as ever.) It was hollow without the Troop, and it would be empty without Sky. I know you have a long road to hoe, but I know y'all can git er done.

Sock it in, Gabarina.

The Skyliners are an icon. Through out their history, and the many challenges, they still hung in there.We should celebrate their strength of will and tenacity. With this new team in place they will be, not should be, stronger! ^OO^

Edited by jeff danchik

there's just always something about that Skyliner sound......

and i hope to hear it every year until they bury me

I also personally agree that one must eventually deal with the nay-sayers otherwise the negative press can harm any positive press or recruitment efforts.

It reminds me of a line in "The American President" wherein the President, being played by Michael Douglas, refuses to parley or comment upon increasingly negative and scandalous remarks and accusations made by a political rival. The character believes that he is taking the high road - which is one competitive groups often attempt to take. However, in the movie his advisor tells Michael Douglas that his rival is the only one doing that talking, so who is the public going to listen to? The rival. At that point, Michael Douglas makes the plot-changing speech towards the end of the movie that gives his presidency a renewed spark.

This is a valuable thought for drum corps as well. We can take the high road all we want to, but sometimes we also have to stand up for ourselves or others will believe the negativity instead.

I also believe in the old adage of not believing anything until I see it . . . frankly, I never believed any rumor about a drum corps - good or bad - until I saw the group in performance for myself. In the 'older' days (1980's) corps used to run stage shows in February - April so that corps could get out a perform in the off-season, try out new numbers from their show, recruit, etc. There are fewer of these opportunities out there now.

The Skyliners NEVER SAY DIE. Interested in being part of Skyliners in 2007, and performing Key Poulan's "Murder in Manhattan"? Come on down to our first 2007 Camp - January 13 - 14th, 2007. For more information go to: N. Y. Skyliner Website or contact Corp Director, Harry Eldridge, Sr. at SkyDirector07@verizon.net

Doreen

Doreen Sandor

NEW YORK SKYLINERS

2007 Season

2006 Season: Brass Instructor, Pit Instructor & Publicity

2005 Season: Brass Caption Head

2000 - 2003 Seasons: Brass Instructor

2002 & 2003 Seasons: Assistant Director

2001 Season: Secretary & Assistant DM

2000 Season: Pit performer

1995 Season: DCA World Championship Honor Guard

1986 – 1987 Seasons: In-line Brass tech – Soprano line

1980 - 1989 Seasons: Mellophone, French Horn, Soprano, Keyboards (1985 & part of 1986).

Member, 1982 & 1987 World Championship Hornlines

Member, 1995 World Championship Honor Guard

Lifetime Member (2006)

Doreen's Resume - 1974 to Present

Edited by DSGMUSIC

I also personally agree that one must eventually deal with the nay-sayers otherwise the negative press can harm any positive press or recruitment efforts.

It reminds me of a line in "The American President" wherein the President, being played by Michael Douglas, refuses to parley or comment upon increasingly negative and scandalous remarks and accusations made by a political rival. The character believes that he is taking the high road - which is one competitive groups often attempt to take. However, in the movie his advisor tells Michael Douglas that his rival is the only one doing that talking, so who is the public going to listen to? The rival. At that point, Michael Douglas makes the plot-changing speech towards the end of the movie that gives his presidency a renewed spark.

This is a valuable thought for drum corps as well. We can take the high road all we want to, but sometimes we also have to stand up for ourselves or others will believe the negativity instead.

I also believe in the old adage of not believing anything until I see it . . . frankly, I never believed any rumor about a drum corps - good or bad - until I saw the group in performance for myself. In the 'older' days (1980's) corps used to run stage shows in February - April so that corps could get out a perform in the off-season, try out new numbers from their show, recruit, etc. There are fewer of these opportunities out there now.

The Skyliners NEVER SAY DIE.

I definitely agree...and it's sad enough that someone would talk down a fairly new corps...let alone one with as long and rich a history as Sky. Shame on whoever's doing it.

Y'know....success is the best revenge!

(btw...you need to change part of your sig block....Conquest Alliance was the CO-champ in 86 DCUK....I was half of Dagenham's cymbal line that year..i remember winning brass and drums outright...you caught us on GE and marching, I believe)

Lee and the Skyliner Family:

Holiday greatings to all of you.

Although I won't be marching with you this year, I sincerely wish you all the best. Sounds like you are well on your way to a great season. Make no mistake, I will be cheering you on along with the other corps I marched with.

Hope 2007 brings all good things to you.

Regards,

Dano b**bs

I remember reading old Drum Corps News and then Drum Corps World and the NY Skyliners were always there and guess what? They will still be there! One thing you can count on in DCA and that is the corps from the past are still around..Cabs, Bucs, Cru, Brigs, Hurcs, Sky, etc and they may be absent for a time but they always find their way home.

GO Skyliners!!!!!! We all love you!!!!