I have a statement.

I hope the new East Coast Fusion Corps will start to focus on its own "core," and look elsewhere for staff and members besides the current marching membership of the New York Skyliners.

It's one thing to walk away from a drum corps that is having a hard time ... it's another to then try to hurt it.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope the new East Coast Fusion Corps will start to focus on its own "core," and look elsewhere for staff and members besides the current marching membership of the New York Skyliners.

It's one thing to walk away from a drum corps that is having a hard time ... it's another to then try to hurt it.

:laugh:

i'm sorry but you see this happen all the time when staff, administration or members go elsewhere. this isn't anything new and Fusion certainly wouldn't be the first corps that did such a thing.

Odd question.....

Wouldn't it be in the best interest of the activity for all corps to help and support each other? I am not saying to not have rivalries, that makes it fun. But if we all help each other when needed and not try to be detrimental to one another, dont you think that would make the activity better for performers and fans?

I do not know all the facts other than what has been posted on DCP, but it seems that if a corps (any corps, no one specific corps) gets set on eliminating the competition off the field for whatever reason makes a victory hollow. Also, if you eliminate the competition off the field, rather than being better than them on the field, that just allows you to suck and be less entertaining.

I think if you accept the competition, and welcome it, it will force you to be better. Thus making the activity a better package for the fans to watch. More people get involved, the activity gets better, forces you to get better, makes an even better pagkage for the fan to watch....etc...

Eliminating the competition from the field or pushing them out of the activity does nothing more than allow you to be the same as you currently are creating a flatline in growth and quality. Hmmm, that would be the lazy way to do it. Drum corps --- lazy? Doesn't sound like much fun to me.

Edited by MiniSopGuy

With SEVERAL dollars going to Jeff Ream, "I LOVE THE LAST 250 DAYS BEFORE FINALS".....

try living in upstate NY...LOL

Staff people change, administrations change personnel, and dedicated members decide to try something different. People are going to go where they go. It is human nature to want to be where the glory is. This happens up here all of the time.

Donny

'If' this is true, please don't let it continue.To those who have gone through or are going through this.Take heart you're not alone, its always been a problem. I went through the same thing, it hurt many peoples' feelings, me especially, and I always believed it was the other groups' responibility to let us know what was happening. For one years raiding another group, the end result was they folded the next year and we're still here. What goes around, comes around. People who build on the agony of others, will not be happy, and will carry the stigma a long time. Please never go down that path.

Edited by jeff danchik

'If' this is true, please don't let it continue.To those who have gone through or are going through this.Take heart you're not alone, its always been a problem. I went through the same thing, it hurt many peoples' feelings, me especially, and I always believed it was the other groups' responibility to let us know what was happening. For one years raiding another group, the end result was they folded the next year and we're still here. What goes around, comes around. People who build on the agony of others, will not be happy, and will carry the stigma a long time. Please never go down that path.

Please Read Post

Enough Said.

Good luck to all of you. Happy Holidays.

Peace

Edited by fusioncorebusmgr

:laugh:

Dear 84BDsop,

Ah yes re: Conquest Alliance. It should read Co-Champion for 1986 or at least undefeated co-champion, etc. However, at this point I cannot change my signature. At one point we were allowed ( I suppose) to post more, and now, even when I delete a lot to try to trim it up (and add new info, correct things, etc.) I just keep getting Error messages that the sig. is too long - even when I delete information! If I ever get where we can just edit what is there and then upload it to the signature, I will gladly do it. I could not add new Sky information after 2005 for the same reason.

Thanks for the heads up!

BTW, I was in Brighouse, England (actually, the party was in Elland) to celebrate Conquest's 20th Anniversary. What a blast.

Doreen