Cadets Uniform

Which uniform modifications do you like?  

244 members have voted

1. 1. Gauntlets

• Look Great; Powerful
    • Look Ok
    • Liked the old sleeve look
  2. 2. Backs

• Inverted White Back (2005)
    • Flowery Hippie Design (2006)
    • Plain maroon back with sash
  3. 3. Pants/Dinkles

• White Front/Maroon Back
    • Solid White

I thought the backs from 05-06 were just velcro so they could just take them off for parades, so I thought the "traditional" look would not be such a big switch apart from shakos and pants.

That's right...the overlays on the back were never meant to be part of the 'regular' uni, just used for these particular shows...and used just fine...speaking as one who wore the old Cadet uni from 70-72 (mine was actually vintage 1962).

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

...Just the uniform that takes 10 minutes to get into and takes a friend to pin you in and really can't breathe in,....

Only took you 10 minutes?

Mine seemed to take a half hour! And I had Aunt Nellie to pin me into mine...I think I must have used 10 or 15 pins to make sure I hung together! :P

If any of them asked me, I would.

My opinions on design have nothing to do with my respect towards either group.

Duly noted. But still, I am VERY EXCITED that The Cadets are going back to the original uniform. That's the uniform that made me join and I hope the future Cadets look at that uniform the way I did when I was growing up.

So I'm still confused..are they looking to redo the uniform again to make it look more like the pre-2003 design? Or have they just worn the 2003 unis out and need a new set?

In any case, gave em $25 :)

Duly noted. But still, I am VERY EXCITED that The Cadets are going back to the original uniform.

I agree. The "Cadets-lite" version of the uniform they've worn the past several seasons has never impressed me. They really do look like a cheap knock-off of the "real" Cadets, in my opinion. There's certainly something to be said for tradition, class, and elegance. I think this is a great decision and I can't wait to see how they look.