Should all DCA Corps be required to include a feature twirler in their

......and Tom, George in turn has the highest regard and respect for the current Buc's DM/Field Conductor, Josh Decker. I'll never forget the moment after finals in '05, when George came down to the field and saluted Josh, who returned the salute, which both held for several minutes.........

Jimbalaya

that was an awesome moment

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

that was an awesome moment

for sure Jeff.......no one was sure what was going to happen. At first it looked like a very polite salute, but when George held it and Josh held it it became a very special moment for them, the Buc's and all who witnessed it.......

for sure Jeff.......no one was sure what was going to happen. At first it looked like a very polite salute, but when George held it and Josh held it it became a very special moment for them, the Buc's and all who witnessed it.......

For me, much of that evening was a blur. I remember being very happy and excited during our performance -- it was the easiest show of the year for me, and I remember grinning and laughing inside after scores were announced. My corpsmates were overcome with emotion, but I just smiled as wide as I've ever smiled. Until I saw George and Josh saluting one another. Then I was a mess. It was a moment I'll never forget.

In 2006, George joined Josh on the podium to conduct the corps song together after the encore run-through. It was a similarly emotional experience!

BATONS in drum corps?

You have got to be out of your ever loving mind!

I remember seeing what I thought was a saber fly really high in the air this year at a DCI 2006 compitition and when I realised it was a baton, I got really ticked off.

It just doesn't belong.Along with reeded insterments and trombones and TUBAS.

Go join a band!

there was a baton in dci 2006 show? do you remember what corps?

I think that the solution exists within the walls of each corps. If you want to have batons and glocks in you drum corps, go for it. It's your gig, do with it what you will. You'll never be able to satisfy everone, so you might as well satisfy yourself.

But what do I know, I think every rule in drum corps should be replaced with the rule "No Rules!" Things would get really interesting.

I hereby decree that all open class DCA Finalists be compelled to give away FREE at their rehearsals, chocolate ice cream cones.

here is an idea that i think will appease everyone:

during the ballad the baton twirler(s) can pass out chocolate ice creme cones to the audience.

yum.