Something I wish existed

I'm think Star video (1992) went out of business.

I hope not, I finally just listened to Bush 1992. WOW. I'd really like to see that on the video.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seems like DCA could do what WGI has recently done where you can "make" your own DVD by choosing what performances you want on it. They'll make your custom DVD for a reasonable price.

after a little digging, here is the issue.

getting the rights from every arranger and every composer of every song ever played.

in order to do it and not get sued, you need the rights to use the music. with the small staff DCA has, that alone is a full time job, and then you need to make sure enough people will buy the product to make it cost effective.

then add in production costs to make the videos into dvds and cleaning up the picture and sound...97 is probably any engineers nightmare alone.

Problem is the high quality videos come from the professionals. Some of them would be impossible to find now probably. I looked for the company from 1993-1996 and can't find them anywhere. I'm think Star video (1992) went out of business.

I know Jackie and Charlie Haas have a website now with a lot of the very early DCA recordings for sale.

It would probably be a matter of DCA being able to get rights for the recordings for starters. I just ordered the Sky DVD from 2002 and 2003 from BVP yesterday so they probably wouldn't be too willing to give up rights if they can still make money off of it.

cant find the company that did 89 and 90 anywhere either.

after a little digging, here is the issue.

getting the rights from every arranger and every composer of every song ever played.

in order to do it and not get sued, you need the rights to use the music. with the small staff DCA has, that alone is a full time job, and then you need to make sure enough people will buy the product to make it cost effective.

then add in production costs to make the videos into dvds and cleaning up the picture and sound...97 is probably any engineers nightmare alone.

Note my original post.

It's probably impossible but would be a dream come true for DCA fans. I know that these would sell enough to be cost effective.

I like what DCI does with the audio at season pass. It would be nice to see something like that for the video or audio in DCA. Put it in a digital format in a data bass like itunes. If I wanted some old school jazz from the early 1900's I am sure I could find it in a place like that there is no reason Drum Corps cant be the same.

cant find the company that did 89 and 90 anywhere either.

Jeff, we have them on VHS if you want to borrow...

Note my original post.

It's probably impossible but would be a dream come true for DCA fans. I know that these would sell enough to be cost effective.

i'd like to think so too. I dont know how to convince them it's worth the try

Jeff, we have them on VHS if you want to borrow...

i have em. i just want em converted to dvd :P

The Brigs have added a Media Page to our new website that contains video clips of the 2003 & 2004 shows....Enjoy :)

Enjoyed the clips, would LOVE too see more of those *cough 2001 cough*.

Interesting what that one person yelled right before April played that opening solo...

Edited by BucsBuff