Amazing Landmarks Discovered On Tour

Isn't idolytry supposed to be wrong? Sheesh, they might as well make one out of solid gold; THAT'S gone over well before in religious history, haha.

One night in '05 I randomly woke up while on the bus and saw that we were passing by "Pedroland," this HUGE, ridiculously well-lit, highly stereotypically racist theme park which is apparently in South Carolina. I think I woke someone else up while we were passing it, because it was an absolutely ridiculous and unique sight.

http://www.pedroland.com/

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I always liked passing the giant tire on the side of the highway in Michigan.

One night in '05 I randomly woke up while on the bus and saw that we were passing by "Pedroland," this HUGE, ridiculously well-lit, highly stereotypically racist theme park which is apparently in South Carolina. I think I woke someone else up while we were passing it, because it was an absolutely ridiculous and unique sight.

From someone who's lived in Southern California for 7 years... :blink:

On the way home from Finals 2005 we were in Minnisota for an early morning rest stop and in the distance we could see a huge Jolly Green Giant statue. Too bad I didn't have time to get a picture.

But I was looking for it online and can across this website of roadside attractions.

www.roadsideamerica.com

Edited by Scadescontra

Isn't idolytry supposed to be wrong? Sheesh, they might as well make one out of solid gold; THAT'S gone over well before in religious history, haha.

SOUTH OF THE BORDER!!!! NOT Pedroland!

South of the Border is the entire name of the tourist trap....Pedroland is a tiny rollercoaster and something else on the property...its the biggest tourist trap on the east coast. Basically a glorified truckstop.

I live 25 minutes from there and my fraternity used to go on outings at SOB every semester. Great place for a scavenger hunt :)

Dude, there is nothing racist about that place....just stereotyping at its worst ;)

How many times has anyone seen one of these on tour??

weinermobile.jpg

This is a fun topic.

I remember back in the early '70's (1971?), Nationals were in Dallas and our little corps from a Philly suburb went on tour.

No big deal -now- but we were in 1948 GMC motor coaches with no air conditioning. We went from Itaca, NY, to Merion, OH, to Dallas and I remember seeing...corn. Day after day of corn brushing against the windows of the bus and it was hot.

We choked in Dallas and didn't finish well and went onto New Orleans to do a pre-season halftime show for the Saints and I walked into the stadium that afternoon next to Tom Dempsey, (that was cool).

However, our bus broke down in Georgia on the way home and we spent 3 days waiting for a part from Detroit, (this was before overnight express kids), and we were stranded at this little crossroads with a gas station, a farm store and a small diner. It was absolute torture living on a bus 3 days with no air conditioning and nothing to do but practice and wait.

The only thing that made it bearable was the hospitality, sympathy, and caring shown by the people at that crossroads. They had no idea what a drum corps was and were enthralled with the music and listened at every opportunity. They helped us get food and let us use their restaurant to prepare it and even joined in and helped.

I remember our little table of friends looking at this bowl of white mush with surprise and wonder and after a couple of seconds the woman that served it remarked in the most beautiful and patient southern accent, "they're grits and you'll eat them and you'll like them." We ate them...but didn't like them.

Not exactly a landmark, but I'll always remember that crossroads, Then I wake up screaming!

Then there's this one...found just about anywhere in Minnesota...348543601_ef1e99c7ac.jpg

Edited by madalumni