If at first you don't succeed...

Corps officials from all over North America are traveling at their own expense to the DCI annual meeting so that they can have half their time wasted discussing rule change proposals that haven't been properly researched, thought out and/or documented on paper. It's gotten so severe that we have a proposal that went down 21-3 last time, and is simply being xeroxed and submitted again by the same person, with the intent to repeat the process again and again at the expense of everyone's time. These people could be doing more worthwhile things with that time, like addressing parity, the new governance structure, or the continuing attrition among junior corps.

Time. Precious time at DCI's one annual meeting, where progress on many other matters vital to the long-term health of this activity could be made.

:rolleyes: These are extremely important points that I don't want to slide by too quickly.

That one weekend has large numbers of drum corps people from many of the different sub-groups within the activity. In some combination: Judges, show promoters, instructors from a wide variety of corps, DCI Staff, corps directors from most Division I and Division II & III corps, sometimes even members of the individual corps' Boards in addition to the full DCI Board of Directors. There is an extremely packed agenda crammed into a way-too-short weekend. There is no time to waste on any frivolous pursuits (and I'm not necessarily talking rules proposals).

It seems reasonable to me that if a given proposal is going down for the 2nd or 3rd time, perhaps it can be tabled for a period of time so we can get on with whatever other important business is at hand.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, ain't it grand?

I'm probably universally loathed by this crowd.

yer not even close to my level :P

yer not even close to my level :P

He's got ya there, Mike.

:worthy:

Garry in Vegas