Hrothgar's DCI Wakeup Topic

Careful Mike.....

:P

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Your/you're, there/their/they're and to/too/two errors drive me bonkers...right up there with using "corp" as the singular form of corps.

I thought "corpus" was the singular of Corps? :P

(Oh, and I hate that I have Cingular wireless now after spending 10 seconds looking at the word singular to see if it is correctly spelled.)

Right after 2006 and 2005.

^0^

Mike!

If there's a definition of trolling in the dictionary you just redefined it, (or atleast got you picture next to it).

I mean come on, this is Hrothgar's one and only thread in which he has not bagged on Cadets 2005 and 2006 shows, and then you had to go and say something.

:P

Cadets 1993 is one of the most...insane shows. There are at least 10 moments in that show that scare the hell out of me from a visual standpoint (and integrated with the killer horn book)...and they pulled it off. A completely different show than Star 1993...Cadets 1993 was balls to the wall, nothing minimalist about it.

Cadets 1993 is one of the most...insane shows. There are at least 10 moments in that show that scare the hell out of me from a visual standpoint (and integrated with the killer horn book)...and they pulled it off. A completely different show than Star 1993...Cadets 1993 was balls to the wall, nothing minimalist about it.

Every time someone on DCP calls Star 1993 a minimalist show, a small part of me dies.

Star 93 was not minimalist at all, whatsoever. Neither musically or visually/artistically.

Edited by Einstein On The Beach

Every time someone on DCP calls Star 1993 a minimalist show, a small part of me dies.

Star 93 was not minimalist at all, whatsoever. Neither musically or visually/artistically.

Then what do you call it? You know, the whole "the silence is more importance than the sounds" thing.

Then what do you call it? You know, the whole "the silence is more importance than the sounds" thing.

Barber and Bartok were not minimalists. The minimalist artistic and musical movements didn't start happening until the 70s basically as a rebellion against avant-garde and modernism. Star 1993 just paid more attention to staying true to the original source music, rather than doing the typical drum corps bastardizations. That and they wanted to #### people off (the show WAS designed to push people's buttons). There wasn't really much silence in that show, have you heard the original source music? It's basically a 13 minute build up to the climax (or with Star, the last 2 minutes or so of the show) which is basically when Medea kills her children. I think that's the story anyway, someone more familiar with the original Greek myth please correct me. Anyway, I'm rambling and I'm exhausted, so if something I said isn't clear, well......oops

Star 1993 just paid more attention to staying true to the original source music, rather than doing the typical drum corps bastardizations.

Very interesting, and really good point.