Biggest/Smallest Snarelines

Judging from the stands in the background, I'm going to go on a limb and say Ivor Wynn Stadium in Hamilton, Ontario, Canada.

Couldnt have been there as we didnt go there in 78. I thought that picture was taken in Boulder at prelims, although Im wondering if the rear grandstand was bigger at Boulder.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Has there ever been more than 12 snares on the field for a finals performance? (Not including alumni lines.)

I vaguely remember SCV marching 14 snares in 1980. The also had 8 quads (4 low and 4 high).

I vaguely remember SCV marching 14 snares in 1980. The also had 8 quads (4 low and 4 high).

I don't think they had more than 10. Maybe 8 even.

Didn't the SPIRIT snares have 2 small tenors bolted to their drums in 81? Somebody post a picture if you have one, of the snare tenors.......

The Dons marched with the bongo/snare combo and let's not forget the SJ Raiders with their marching conga line.

1983 Valley Fever:

11 snares

5 tenors

6 basses

5 cymbals

The Dons marched with the bongo/snare combo and let's not forget the SJ Raiders with their marching conga line.

1983 Valley Fever:

11 snares

5 tenors

6 basses

5 cymbals

And five in the pit...

AND A BUNCH OF DANCING DOLLS.

Another "in action" shot from '78 - pre pit days, where the snare line could come up and stand right on the front line and throw it down...

snare.jpg

Add one more vote for Boulder. I took this photo of Phantom at Boulder in 78. The stands (and the trees) look the same to me.

Phantom78BoulderFIX.jpg

Edited by SoundmanG

The Argonauts marched double snares in 76. So while there may have only been 6(?) snare players on the field there were 12 snare drums.

They definitely didn't march 14 that year. 9 or 10 as I remember it. I'm pretty sure you're right about the quads though.

TOM!!!!!! :tongue:

Add one more vote for Boulder. I took this photo of Phantom at Boulder in 78. The stands (and the trees) look the same to me.

Phantom78BoulderFIX.jpg

Great photo! Just tidied it up a bit:

Phantom78BoulderFIX.jpg