What rules have ever been repealed?

To the historians of this group... what rules have ever been repealed? I'm not talking about the "repeal" of G-bugles are required -- that was obviously a rule unto itself. Are there any out there that have been "we tried, but we don't like it", and gone back?

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The rule of prohibition of alcohol was repealed after 13 years.

The rule of instant replay was repealed as well, and then reinstated after they tweaked and improved it.

Oh wait, were you asking about DCI rules specifically?

No, I was talking about women's collegiate field hockey.....

:drool: d######.

Use of voice by the corps proper, first allowed in 1977-78, was repealed for 1979 (then later re-introduced in 1984). There may be others, but that's the only major one that comes to mind.

Other ideas have been tried and scrapped, like the Associate Championship in 1979, or the withholding of semifinal scores in 1988. Those weren't rules, though.

i do remember cadets all of a sudden couldnt do the vocal amen because there would be a penalty...the DM even held a sign up saying so.

then it was repealed and Freelancers sang

Most of the rules that didn't work just faded into oblivion -- people stopped utilizing the things they permitted and the rules stopped being relevant.

Stef

What about that rule where you had to draw for what order you played in or whatever that God forsaken rule was in 88? Did that get repealed or did it just fade away?

What about that rule where you had to draw for what order you played in or whatever that God forsaken rule was in 88? Did that get repealed or did it just fade away?

That just disappeared into the mist. I was standing talking with Don Pesceone when a corps director came up to him after prelims to remind him that originally, those who judged prelims were NOT going to be thrown back into the hat to judge finals. As it happened, I think two made it back onto the finals panel, but I don't remember the number for sure.