1975 DCI Championships

I just received my 1975 DCI Legends VHS Tape that I won on EBay..........simple question was it televised on PBS and if it wasnt who broadcasted it???

And during the closing credits the music playing was 1974 Troopers doing "Yellow Rose of Texas". Why I remember this I have NO idea. :drool:

Think F-Troop was first corps on and for some reason a backfield camera showed the corps doing the warm up. Not sure but they might have been the only corps shown doing this.

Is this is a copy of the PBS broadcast then Gene Rayburn and his wife were co-hosting.

And finally..... Before or during retreat you could hear someone in the stands playing the Bull Call. But Muchachos DQ was never mentioned.

Dang.. that kicked in a lot of memories.

Wow I got chills thinking of Jeff Kievet playing call to the bulls during retreat. I got to see the Muchachos march that morning. What a show and it was a winner. Too bad for overage. I was marching in the Bon Bons and lived across the Deleware River in NJ. I got to participate and see all the shows. Ohhh Jeff. Stll gives me shivers and chills. Hey I wonder where I can get a copy of that one. One of the Madison guys split his pants in that show I think.

Here's a trivia bit: After 1975 and 1976 DCI my Senior corps (Westshoremen) hosted a "no judges" competition at Hershey the next night. "Judging" was supposedly done by equipment that could measure crowd response (made no sense to me either :P ). Place was packed both nights but big question 1975 was what would happen with Madison and Muchachos going head to head. And Muchachos were cooking that night, wish it had been recorded.

Show was billed as "chance for the corps to play their shows one last time without having to worry about the judges". Translation: One last chance for gas $$$$ for the Junior corps and one big chance for Westshore to pay off some bills. :drool:

And during the closing credits the music playing was 1974 Troopers doing "Yellow Rose of Texas". Why I remember this I have NO idea. :drool:

Think F-Troop was first corps on and for some reason a backfield camera showed the corps doing the warm up. Not sure but they might have been the only corps shown doing this.

Is this is a copy of the PBS broadcast then Gene Rayburn and his wife were co-hosting.

And finally..... Before or during retreat you could hear someone in the stands playing the Bull Call. But Muchachos DQ was never mentioned.

Dang.. that kicked in a lot of memories.

Jess (cant remember his last name) Tim Moxley(former SCV DM) were the hosts. Tim was the "Drum Corps Expert"

My favorite story about 1975 DCI (besides being lucky enough to be part of the corps who won that night) is a story a Scout alumn shared with me this summer while we were having a beer after an alumni corps rehearsal. He was from Philly and was at home that night clicking through the channels (we clicked in those days) and came across the PBS broadcast and was mesmorized. He asked his mom to come in and watch it with him and she said "he!! lats just go down and watch the rest of it live. The Scouts blew him away and he went home determined to be a Madison Scout. He saved for a year and marched in the Scouts guard in 77 and 78 and years later in the 2006 alumni corps. Its amazing what a little television exposure can do.

JimF, I do remember Hershey both years (although I was tad bit hung over). :mmm: :mmm: :mmm: :mmm: