Crossmen Camp news

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is my opinion that you can NEVER pay too much attention to detail... The detail is what it is all about and the difference in being another hornline and a great hornline. Glad to hear they are setting the standard from the beginning.

We always had the same expectation to detail from the first camp all the way through finals. Granted the end product got better and better but there were times we would spend a very long time on a simple attack or release and would not move forward until it was done correctly.

Edited by General Blunt

I have a question for those that know about whats going on at Crossmen. I am looking for a place to march color guard this summer, would I beable to audition Crossmen still?

That's not a question for DCP. You should contact the Corps directly.

Start with Mike Sloan.

I have a question for those that know about whats going on at Crossmen. I am looking for a place to march color guard this summer, would I beable to audition Crossmen still?

Contact the corps. However, if they have no openings try to find a slot somewhere else. Then go back next year with a season of experiance under your belt.

Are there any true jazz corps left?

Are there any true jazz BANDS left?

Think about some of todays most popular big bands...

- Brian Setzer Orchestra - Often very Rock/Pop heavy. They almost are like a rock band with horns.

- Harry Connic Jr. - Lately, very experimental in the area of "Pop/Rock" also.

- University of North Texas One O' Clock Band - Though a big band, to me often sound like a wind ensemble playing what many call "Symphonic Jazz".

It's the 21st century. Music is evolving. So is drum corps. Lets just be happy we still have a Drum Corps....AND I MIGHT EVEN SAY..."big band" to enjoy live!

mike sloan posted in the texas bands forum that are no spots left.

"FYI The Crossmen Color Guard audition process was completed at the December camp. There are no more positions for the 2007 Crossmen Color Guard available. Thank you to all 100+ of you who auditioned in New Jersey, San Antonio and via video. Hopefully all of you will return next year to participate in the November Audition."