Crossmen Camp news

Are there any true jazz corps left?

Check out Memphis Sound from last season. That was some of the best jazz style I've ever heard in drum corps.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is the show similar to the Reagan shows put out over the past 6 years? (Not in song selection, but style)

I havnt heard it but im pretty sure it will be since aaron guidry is writing for crossmen, im just kinda suprised theyre using symphonic metamorphosis for some of the show, i think they used that in reagans 2005 show, im not sure what to expect this season from them, Iv heard alot of Guidrys other music and he isnt known for jazz. Im sure it will be good, but it might not be the show crossmen fans ahve been dying for, we'll have to wait and see

OMG...Symphonic MET!

I love that piece. The band director at my college arranged the band version that most people play, and whenever the wind ensemble played it, I had to be there.

I understand where some people saying "Crossmen are known for Jazz" could be upset about the reports coming from the camps. I say, if it keeps the corps afloat and soars them into new heights....who cares!

I can see them exploring new repertoire especially of the modern era. I mean really, do think "Russian Christmas Music" (our corps song) is Jazz? Russlan and Ludmilla isn't exactly Jazz either and I thought that was spectacular.

So give them a chance and understand the corps has made a huge change and with that change there is new blood and a new outlook for the corps.

Good Luck Crossmen! I'll be cheering for you in the stands!

I understand where some people saying "Crossmen are known for Jazz" could be upset about the reports coming from the camps. I say, if it keeps the corps afloat and soars them into new heights....who cares!

I can see them exploring new repertoire especially of the modern era. I mean really, do think "Russian Christmas Music" (our corps song) is Jazz? Russlan and Ludmilla isn't exactly Jazz either and I thought that was spectacular.

So give them a chance and understand the corps has made a huge change and with that change there is new blood and a new outlook for the corps.

Good Luck Crossmen! I'll be cheering for you in the stands!

I agree. How about 1992, which many on here cite as the best Crossmen show ever? Clearly, one cannot categorize the '92 show as a "jazz" show.

Great report :) That sucks about vets getting cut.

I agree. How about 1992, which many on here cite as the best Crossmen show ever? Clearly, one cannot categorize the '92 show as a "jazz" show.

Very True!

Bless the beasts and Children

Russian Christmas Music

Slavonic Dance #1

Planet Krypton theme

Main theme from Superman

Overture from Rocky 2

Man on La Mancha

Third Wind

Dream of the Return

The whole "Songs for Planet Earth" show

Children will listen

School for Scandal

Fanfare for the COmmon Man

Symphony for Brass and Percussion Mvt2 and3

Letter from home

Appalachian Morning

Puma

So Far Away

and of course

My Humps

All not jazz, but all KILLER stuff! im sure they are gonna rock the #### this time too

Go Crossmen!

Thanks for the report! Could you please further explain what you meant by:

They pay alot of attention to detail. They take things slowly and make sure they are perfect. Its a good thing. Hard detailed work is frustrating sometimes, though.