1996 DCI Finals

Beddis ran the show at Regiment in '96. They had a great drumline. Their best percussion show that year was actually at NightBeat in Charlotte about a week before finals. I have a judges tape (Alan Christiansen) from that show and he almost reaches orgasm holding the tape recorder. The stuff that they were throwing down behind the hornline that year was insane for a Regiment line at the time. Can't hear it on the finals recordings-
You can hear a decent amount on the APDs, but whoever mixed the DVDs must have had an ear infection that day, cause the battery sounds like they're outside the stadium or something.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The rest is...'for first, with a score of blah blah....alphabetically (very clever, Crocker!)...The Blue Devils....and PHANTOM RRREGIMENT!'

When you listen to Crocker....it's the very definition of loosing syllables....

I swear he says....

FANNNNNNNNNREGMENNNNNNNNNN!!!!

Beddis ran the show at Regiment in '96. They had a great drumline. Their best percussion show that year was actually at NightBeat in Charlotte about a week before finals. I have a judges tape (Alan Christiansen) from that show and he almost reaches orgasm holding the tape recorder. The stuff that they were throwing down behind the hornline that year was insane for a Regiment line at the time. Can't hear it on the finals recordings-

They also had lots of issues with percussion performers that year. They brought in a guy who wasn't going to march to march one of the bass spots. I think they marched a bass hole for most of the season. I don't think they ever filled it.

Both are among the most famous drum majors of all time for their corps, and it was only fitting that they got to share the moment together.

Anyone know what James and Kristy are up to these days?

Edited by corpsboy79

I was working with PRC in 1996. Both my kids were in the corps....my wife drove bus...through miserable Georgia.

Anyway, I saw Regiment at semis. We were done for the week by then. We were staying at the fairgrounds sharing housing with Les Etoiles.

I had to be at work in Rockford on Monday morning...the busride back from Orlando was not going to get me there so I drove to Florida in my car and then drove home AFTER semis on Friday night. I took a PRC volunteer and a staff member with me. We drove through the night on Friday and then got home after 8p on Saturday night. My wife calls me at like midnight telling me Regiment had won. I was way more than half asleep at the time. It didn't really click with me until I talked to her next day.

Yeah, I missed it.

What a great thread! This is DCP at its finest.

I don't hear any booing and I know I was going nuts when they announced the tie.

The way I remember it was when Crocker said, "which is actually a tie for 1st", the crowd was almost upset and booing a tiny bit because there was a tie, but then they realized that Phantom was involved and that they won their first half-title and then they started going crazy for them!

Reaction was not quite the same for the other 2 ties, in 1999 and 2000.

heck no it wasn't. you can still hear the ringing of "SCV! SCV! SCV!" if you listen very carefully.