What would be bigger....

hard choice...

135 people win a dci championship each year

c. 12 people get to dot the "i"

getting into the OSU marching band is about as hard as getting into a div 1 championship corps...

it all depends on your frame of reference...a bucks fan is gonna say the "i", a dci fan is gonna say the championship...

someone that is both a bucks fan and a dci fan....tough call

Edited by skewerz

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

getting into the OSU marching band is about as hard as getting into a div 1 championship corps...

If that's true, OSU really needs to step up their quality. They couldn't even chair step together when Fox showed them during the BCS championship game. Did not look good.

Thanks for the explanations. That's a pretty cool form, but I would still take being a non-descript dot number in a DCI championship corps, than the dot on the I at a halftime show.

DCI...no doubt

I don't go to Ohio State, and if I did, I can't imagine dotting an i in a drill form would be the highlight of my life.

We, you could try and get into OS and try and make the band, then try and get to dot the I. Or, you could pick who you think is going to win DCI and try and get a spot. Both longshots if dotting the "i" or winning DCI is your goal.

What is worse; a DCI ring chaser or an Ohio State iDot chaser....you decide.

What is worse; a DCI ring chaser or an Ohio State iDot chaser....you decide.

Is the dot sponsored by Apple now? :D

Winning DCI. I really don't care about marching band in the least. And when you're at a football game, you know 99% of the people are there to see the football team, not you. At World Championships, you know all the people in the stands are actually there to watch drum corps.

And Ohio sucks.

:rolleyes:

Is the dot sponsored by Apple now? :D

Caught that ehh? I love my iMac and iTunes and eBay, and the iDot is pretty cool too!

Does the OSUMB have a forum with people from around the world talking about the band?

In my eyes, winning Championships is a much more renown-worthy experience. We talk about 1st place shows from 30 years ago. We have people going to see Classic shows in movie theaters. Band kids all of the country recognize a Cavies or BD jacket. If you win Championships, you're on top of the marching world. I just don't see that with a marching band.