• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

dotting the i?

seriously.

who cares.

wow.

Hey Jason, I care...seriously.

So obviously some people care or the subject would not have come up. Nobody is forcing anyone to read this post or to even answer the question.

I highly doubt anyone is saying OSU's marching band is better than drum corps. They are a good college marching band that does what college bands do, and in that medium of performance they have some unique traditions. The question was simply one of intrigue: would a person prefer a DCI ring or a chance to dot the "i". No fan of Script Ohio is knocking drum corps in this post, but very clearly some of you like to knock college band or more specifically the OSU band just to make your point.

It's always funny to me that some people can't just answer the question (yes I want a DCI ring, or no I prefer the "i"), but instead they have to tear down the one in order to support the other.

In Ohio "Script Ohio" is a big deal. If you don't care for it, fine, but to ask "who cares" in a sort of snide way is more suggestive of how you wish others to act and feel when your opinion should be based on how you feel.

Who cares? I do. I am a long-time Buckeye and Ohio resident. I love drum corps and all that it has brought to my life, but for me the thrill of dotting the i would be a dream and a moment that would be with me forever. To me I would take that over a DCI ring anyday.

To each his own.

So obviously some people care or the subject would not have come up. Nobody is forcing anyone to read this post or to even answer the question.

I highly doubt anyone is saying OSU's marching band is better than drum corps. They are a good college marching band that does what college bands do, and in that medium of performance they have some unique traditions. The question was simply one of intrigue: would a person prefer a DCI ring or a chance to dot the "i". No fan of Script Ohio is knocking drum corps in this post, but very clearly some of you like to knock college band or more specifically the OSU band just to make your point.

It's always funny to me that some people can't just answer the question (yes I want a DCI ring, or no I prefer the "i"), but instead they have to tear down the one in order to support the other.

In Ohio "Script Ohio" is a big deal. If you don't care for it, fine, but to ask "who cares" in a sort of snide way is more suggestive of how you wish others to act and feel when your opinion should be based on how you feel.

Who cares? I do. I am a long-time Buckeye and Ohio resident. I love drum corps and all that it has brought to my life, but for me the thrill of dotting the i would be a dream and a moment that would be with me forever. To me I would take that over a DCI ring anyday.

To each his own.

Well said. I am a member of a college marching band, so I am definitely not trying to diminish the activity. I think this is a case of thinking something different in my head and typing something a bit too ambiguous.

My apologies. :)

Obviously it is cool to be the focus of that much attention during a big football game. I guess my true passion for drum corps make the choice entirely too obvious for me. Sorry if I offended anyone!

::Removes hat and bows:: ::Spins:: ::Repeats::

:P

To each his own.

Well said! Go Bucks!

I sure loved the way The Gators dotted that "i" this year. So, that was a bigger pleasure for me and the Florida Gator Nation with regard to THE Ohio State University.

Thought about this question while watching TBDBITL and Script Ohio today....

What would be a bigger milestone for you, dotting the "i" in Script Ohio, or winning a DCI Championship?

Tough call, but I would have to go with dotting the "i".

Go Bucks