DCI finals permanent sight

Oh, I'm gonna get in trouble for this...

Ever seen the movie version of Wayne's World? "Delaware...Delaware...what's in Delaware??" Indy? 10 years?? That's an awful long time not to be in Madison. Glad they didn't work out that deal for Orlando a few years ago--we'd be back to marching parades! And I've noticed an interesting trend towards Texas in, oh, every top 6 auditioning here...and one corps moving here...and about 300 people from here in the top 6 every year...long time passing on having finals in Jerry Jones new digs set to open in Arlington at the price tag of a B-B-Billion big ones! Houston, Austin and San Antonio have nice facilities, too!

Not blasting you, Ducky--you're just the messenger--but if DCI wants to boo-hoo about the time and expense of planning finals, I'm not volunteering my hankie! Lots of great venues being passed on just to be in the same town as four other loosely-affiliated organizations.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am so excited about this.Finally I will be able to see a DCI finals without having to mortgage the house.

I pray that DCA will join ranks with this and have DCA finals the week of DCI finals.

What would be cooler than having a whole week of drum corps?I would imagine that DCI would benefit from ticket sales for the DCI finals because many of the DCA people will already be there and whats another couple of days?

Edited by camel lips

It's an incredible hassle to find housing for all the corps every year anew. And so many locales now start school earlier and earlier.

While I generally agree with you, as an "old timer," I can't imagine that it is that much harder now than it was when we marched considering the number of corps that attend now as compared to the 70's.

JMO

RM

ampssuck

HOWEVER, the prospect of never having a finals week again in Madison is depressing. Going to Madison for drum corps has been a terrific vacation and the city supports drum corps in so many wonderful ways. Not to mention the event "fits" very well there. Being able to walk everywhere, the local support, etc. Perhaps a large regional show every year or two??

Did I miss something in the article?

I don't think DCI will ever "not" go back to Madison for finals week in the future.

Did I miss something in the article?

I don't think DCI will ever "not" go back to Madison for finals week in the future.

By means of clarification...

I think I said "prospect" by which I meant "possibility". Sorry if I missed used the phrase. What I meant was: "the prospect of me never seeing a DCI finals in Madison is depressing." 10 years is a long time....I may not be around to see finals in Madison in 2017...and that presupposes that DCI moves to Madison immediately after Indianpolis which (considering the # of choices they have) may not be likely. So that adds another 10 years to the equation. Which makes me 61, etc.

By means of clarification...

I think I said "prospect" by which I meant "possibility". Sorry if I missed used the phrase. What I meant was: "the prospect of me never seeing a DCI finals in Madison is depressing." 10 years is a long time....I may not be around to see finals in Madison in 2017...and that presupposes that DCI moves to Madison immediately after Indianpolis which (considering the # of choices they have) may not be likely. So that adds another 10 years to the equation. Which makes me 61, etc.

Yeah, with a name like Spartacus, you must be a REAL geezer! (hee-hee--I deserve to die for that, I know!)

SUTA

PR '94