Official Negative Cadets 2007 Topic

i can't believe this thread is still open.

"here: let's have a preemptive repository for all the bad things people are going to say about the cadets, despite the fact that no one has seen the show or heard the vocals. after all, vocals + anything george hopkins does = sure to be terrible."

the editors have endorsed bashing a show that won't be on the field for six months. way to go.

this thread is, i think, an embarassment to this community and this forum.

Actually, I applaud the thought process behind this thread -- although I agree that this experiment was probably launched a few months too early. But the reality is, every thread that even hinted at being about the Cadets the last years or two got hijacked into the same back and forth argument (ad nauseum and ad infinitum, my new catch phrase. Stef, can I start a tab for the .02's?). If, and I repeat IF, a thread like this can keep those other threads cleaner and on topic, then I'm all for it. Let's try to resurrect this thing at the appropriate time to see if it works ....

I'll believe it when I see it, but it's a good thought IMO.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I did take into account the fact that it might be too early, but for people who don't like amplified vocals, there already negative points about the show to discuss.

Yeah, I understand. I just think it's going to be difficult to keep it on page 1 long enough for when the real show topics open in June. That's all.

Just revisit it then !!!!

Also, you never answered my first post -- will you promise to not post negative things about Cadets in any other threads this year and just keep putting them here instead ?? This is a noble idea, but it has to at least start with you -- since it was your idea !!!!

Edited by Liam

I did take into account the fact that it might be too early, but for people who don't like amplified vocals, there already negative points about the show to discuss.

With that outlook there are going to be a lot of great things in life that pass you by.

Feel free to change the below to fit you own political leanings. The below is only an example for illustrative purposes.

i can't believe this thread is still open.

"here: let's have a preemptive repository for all the bad things people are going to say about the cadets The State of The Union address, despite the fact that no one has seen the show or heard the vocals heard the speech yet. after all, vocals + anything george hopkins does republicans + anything george bush does = sure to be terrible."

the editors have endorsed bashing a show that won't be on the field for six months. endorsed bashing a roadmap for the country that won't be in the house and senate for a few months. way to go.

this thread is, i think, an embarassment to this community and this forum.

The end. :)

Here's the thing I don't like about amplified vocals. The best part about drum corps in my mind is that it is many individuals coming together to be part of something that is bigger than themselves; an ensemble of musicians. All the individuals are supposed to work as one performing unit. Now, what happens when one individual is made more important in this ensemble? Featuring one individual for an extended period of time with the rest of the corps just being a background takes away from this idea of a corps as one unit. Blue Devils 2005 and Cadets 2006 are both examples of a show where a narrator is put above the rest of the ensemble in the show. This doesn't only apply to narrators, but to the musicians on the field as well. I don't like shows like BD 89 and ECJ 2006 for the exact same reason. I enjoy the tasteful use of short solos(Think recent cadets drum features) and I liked the use of vocals in BD's show this year for the exact same reason, it was tasteful. I'm going to keep an open mind about the vocals in the cadets show this year, but if it is going to be like most of the shows that have had vocals in the past 3 years, I don't think I'll enjoy it.