If you left the Skyliners ...

If you left the Skyliners ... this is a good weekend to return to your corps, aka your family. After a few years of chaos, there is now a solid staff, show and business plan in place. The days of infighting and turmoil are over and your presence is needed to help get 60s years of tradition and excellence back on its feet.

It is easy to walk into a 60-person horn line.

It is easy to walk away and try to start something new.

But, returning home when your corps needs you the most will be an experience of a lifetime, and one of the most meaningful experiences you can have in drum corps. You belong in the Skyliners.

Camp information at http://www.nyskyliners.org

New website coming soon.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good luck, Sky!

Get it, Gabarina !

If you left the Skyliners ... this is a good weekend to return to your corps, aka your family. After a few years of chaos, there is now a solid staff, show and business plan in place. The days of infighting and turmoil are over and your presence is needed to help get 60s years of tradition and excellence back on its feet.

You said a mouthfull there.

I have often thought how easy it would be to throw some money into travel expences,hop a plane and be part of the upper action.All it would take would be the money,the time and the dedication.

But then I find a greater satisfaction in building a corps from the ground up.

Best of luck to you guys this weekend.

Edited by camel lips

But, returning home when your corps needs you the most will be an experience of a lifetime, and one of the most meaningful experiences you can have in drum corps. You belong in the Skyliners.

Camp information at http://www.nyskyliners.org

New website coming soon.

Are you going to ask EVERY person that has ever left a corps for another to return to their original family? If you realized how much this has indeed happened over the years, you'd be pretty dang busy getting in touch with all those people. Don't you also have a handful of people in your West Coast corps that actually come from another? Sending them back?

GOOD LUCK SKY!!!!

Are you going to ask EVERY person that has ever left a corps for another to return to their original family? If you realized how much this has indeed happened over the years, you'd be pretty dang busy getting in touch with all those people.

These circumstances and situation is different. Very different.

This is not some hypothetical discussion about everyone going back to the corps where you first marched. We are talking about an well-organized and targeted exodus that happened a few months ago, that put one of the founding corps of DCA in danger of non-existence. Unless and until more people decide that they care enough and want the New York Skyliners to still be around DCA, the status of the corps will not change.

Please excuse me for being so blunt, but that is the reality of the situation.

Edited by drumlaw80

I wish I could say more but I can't. Lee is correct in what he says about the corps, everything he says. It's going to take a lot more work than just the few of us can physically do. That's why he keeps calling on alumni

The corps members who are there have the Heart of a Lion.

The fundamental question is whether those who left a few months ago at the urging of others, do as well.

DO NOT MISUNDERSTAND ME...........I wish NOTHING but the best for Sky and I hope and pray for their recovery back to Drum Corps GREATNESS!!!

I love them for their loyalty to tradition, I love their music etc....

I do NOT love, the snide remarks, between the lines about other organizations in the process. It is NOT easy to sustain a 60 member horn line, it is NOT easy to start a new corps - but don't you already know that? Like it or not, recruitment in the off season between corps has gone on since the beginning of time, it is our responsibility to retain.

ROCK ON SKY!!!! Can't WAIT to see you the way we all remember and LOVE!!