Blue Devils 2007 !

OK. Sorry for the jopke. Seriously now.

Celebrating the collaboration and partnerships of composer Bill Conti and Sylvester Stallone.

Music from the Rocky movies and the under-apprecated film from the prisoner of war / soccer genre ... Victory.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The use of amplified voice (I'll give 'em an offer he can't refuse) makes Hrothgar instantly hate any show, even if it's only one 2-second sound byte in an otherwise amazing show.

Correct.

Correct.

There aren't words to describe what I think when I see this.

You know, I didn't even know that there was any sort of narration at all until I watched the videos. I was always sitting off to the side or watching from backfield, and you couldn't hear it there. It was so minor that i didn't even notice that I may have been missing anything! When I did finally hear it, I just said "heh, okay then." Certainly not my favorite five seconds of the show, but the rest of the awesomeness more than makes up for it.

Even as one of the most vehement anti-amp/electronic/woodwind/flying pig opponents out there, I'll agree...it would have been one thing had they had a running "Don Vito" speech the whole time, but two seconds that actually fit the theme (which is one of my biggest problems with narration, etc) is hardly reason to hate a whole drum corps show.

Hell, I still like Boston in 2004...albeit the APD from Orlando with no narration. :P

Even as one of the most vehement anti-amp/electronic/woodwind/flying pig opponents out there, I'll agree...it would have been one thing had they had a running "Don Vito" speech the whole time, but two seconds that actually fit the theme (which is one of my biggest problems with narration, etc) is hardly reason to hate a whole drum corps show.

Hell, I still like Boston in 2004...albeit the APD from Orlando with no narration. :P

I know, it's weird, but I was so put off by the decision to include it I just can't bring myself to enjoy the show again. It's like it just doesn't do it for me anymore. They were great finals night though. b**bs

Can not wait to see them in 2007