Hopkins Facebook group

exactly! hehe

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ahh, the obligatory Hopkins/Hitler comparison.

The credibility of this thread just hit rock bottom.

Heck, the credibility of a LOT of what's on DCP is pretty rock bottom... Oh well... It's fun.

Do it because you love it, not because you hate it. Heck, just do it before you start dictating you opinions.

If you people arguing about how dismal this all is really hate it THAT much, get out of OUR activity. Don't come to shows booing and ruining kids summers/recordings, don't talk down to people who have actually participated in the activity, don't pretend to know it all when you don't even know where to begin. Just because you've been to a show and we're in a high school band doesn't mean you no #### about drum corps! If you have an opinion different than mine and you want to express it in a civilized, well thought out post, that's one thing. But the posts about killing Hopkins or comparing him to hitler, booing and yelling things like "NOT DRUM CORPS," etc., are SICK. Please go find something else to do with your obvious abundance of free time and quit ramming your baseless opinions down our collective throats. We won't miss you. We care about the activity that we worked long days in hot summers, sweat gallons, and bled for. Who are you to tell me how it should be?!

*getting off of soap box*

wow, Im just left...somewhat speechless after that last bit...

But I quite agree with you Aaron. If anyone is going to say anything, be part of the activity first. Don't be quick to judge and/or jump on the dissin' wagon. Get your facts straight and if you do have something to say, think about it first and be smart on how you say things..

Just my $0.02 as well :)

Edited by sopchick_01

i dont know why people are being so sandy about this group. the name of the grop is "stop george hopkins" thats saying nothing bad about him. its just for people who dont like his rule proposals, big deal??

but BTW theres another group called George hopkins will be the end of good drum corps.

theres a facebook group for everything you can think of.

I can understand that many do not like Hop's proposals at all. But maybe someone can correct me if I'm wrong. That is, someone who really knows what they're talking about. It's my understanding that George Hopkins, Director of The Cadets, has no more "power" in drum corps than any other director in drum corps. Assuming this is true, Mr. Hopkins can propose all he wants, He can propose that all corps must have dancing poodles in their opener, but if he doesn't get enough votes from the other board members/directors, it doesn't matter what he wants. It's not going to happen. So I just don't understand why there is so much concern about this one drum corps director. Sure, disagree with his proposals if you like (I certainly have), but is he not just one man with one vote like every other director?

Okay, please enlighten me.

I read this thread and I am saddened over what DCP has become.

I'm with you on this, Bishtom. It's threads like this that has reduced my posting to usually, just about once or twice a month or so. I am not connected to The Cadets or Hopkins whatsoever, but I'm amazed at all the attention he gets. He is one drum corps director. He is not the CEO or President of DCI. He has just one vote like all directors. If saxes get into drum corps, for example, it will be because he and the majority of drum corps directors wanted saxophones in drum corps. Assuming the other division I drum corps directors are not under some kind of Hopkins spell, no Hopkins proposal means anything without a lot of help from other directors. This being true, why is there so much preoccupation with this man?

It takes the whole Board to vote something in, but if you have one person pushing the ticket to a bunch of new people in Drum Corps this is how things get passed.

Ive asked this before in other threads that make the same claim, and maybe im just not as google savvy as some people, but WHERE is this proposal George Hopkins made to allow saxaphones? I have heard of it so many times, but never from a credible source.

Tony

ps

and no, i dont like the idea ONE bit!

There was a saxaphone proposal the same year that amps were passed....January 2003 I think.