So can we get an honest answer

• Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's what I said. He's smart.

Sorry - the irony/sarcasm thing blew right past me. I'm having abad day at work here.....

<moderator>

I'm going to ask that we not turn this thread into a bunch of personal attacks, but it will promptly get closed if it does.

If you have issues w/a member, please take it to PM.

</moderator>

I hate to quote myelf, but seriously guys.... take it to PM, or post here about the actual topic.

I'm considering this the final warning on this thread.

questions/etc. can be sent via PM. :)

I know a guy that had nearly double that in engineering courses; took several a few times. I'd classify him as not-smart.

Btw, I know who voted for what.

Care to share the voting details, if for nothing more than to validate the existence of this thread?

I'd say the "offenders" are more likely Cavies, Bluecoats, Madison and the like who have consistently voted against Bb horns, amplification, and the like but then ended up using them and crying how they really didn't "want" to use them but "had" to because everyone else was. Well if you're so darn creative at design and talented in execution, then you shouldn't HAVE to use them if you really think they are bad for the activity.
Actually, you are describing Madison of the '90s. However, despite being perenial crowd favorites, the scores and placements continued to decline and that talent who wanted to win didn't come to Madison anymore. Madison changed their management to one that conformed with what the rest of DCI wanted and while the scores went up, they no longer create outside the box as they did back then.

I'm actually kind of entertained about the "filter circumvention" things on my post. When I put it up and checked it, I'm pretty sure it had pounded everything out.. then I come in today and see "edited filter circumvention - MG" .. and seriously.. I didn't purposely circumvent anything. When I put it up, I thought everything got pounded out.

Guess I'm just not smart enough. I'll enroll in some engineering classes though.. maybe I will be able to keep up with you DCP guys after that.

:P

Edited by ScribeToo

I'm actually kind of entertained about the "filter circumvention" things on my post. When I put it up and checked it, I'm pretty sure it had pounded everything out.. then I come in today and see "edited filter circumvention - MG" .. and seriously.. I didn't purposely circumvent anything. When I put it up, I thought everything got pounded out.

You're right - it did originally show #####. The "filter circumvention" message showed up later. That is odd.

Anyone who sat in that room might have the answer. For that matter, DCP has several news-gatherers who are inclined to document such things. At least one of them was sitting in that room when the vote was taken. Knowing that, it seems reasonable to pose the question here on DCP.

Ken,

Cozy was in the room and has already posted on (yet) another thread about this topic that he missed who voted yea or nay.. saying it goes very quickly and he couldn't write fast enough.

He's also contacted DCI and/or the directors to find out.

It seems reasonable to me to ask the question of people who know it -- particularly when we've already been told (and the OP was active on that thread as well so it's reasonable to expect that he saw it) that the reporter who was there missed it.

I realize that there are always going to be people who would much rather come here to post their grievances and complaints .. I have yet to tell anyone that they can't say whatever they want.. but if I disagree, I'm gonna say so.

I am an equal opportunity opinion sharer. I don't have to expect you'll like or agree with it in order to post it.

Stef

Guess I'm just not smart enough. I'll enroll in some engineering classes though.. maybe I will be able to keep up with you DCP guys after that.

I will agree with you there, all was pounded out, nothing had been circumvented.

My classes were in computer programming logic and control systems logic, but nothing of dirty words and pounds...though our mandatory "english for engineers" course was a hoot. Try getting a lecture hall full of calculus and physics jocks to appreciate poetry, especially the kind that doesn't even rhyme...like WTF!?

I will agree with you there, all was pounded out, nothing had been circumvented.

My classes were in computer programming logic and control systems logic, but nothing of dirty words and pounds...though our mandatory "english for engineers" course was a hoot. Try getting a lecture hall full of calculus and physics jocks to appreciate poetry, especially the kind that doesn't even rhyme...like WTF!?

Glad I didn't have to take that English class for my Civil Engineering degree!