So can we get an honest answer

Correct, but with respect to "By the way, I am told that DCI has never repealed a rule change in their entire 35-year history.", they did in effect ignore the overage rule for 89 SCV.

I believe SCV sent the two in question members home when they got to Kansas City If you watch the tape from Nats, you can see two rather big holes in certain parts of the drill

• Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK, we know 20 corps voted, 10 for and 10 against.

Corps who voted against could post this, or put a sign on ther soovie truck, or somehow advertize that fact.

Corps who voted for could do similar.

So long as there were no more than 10 in each camp, fans could vote with their wallet.

You're kidding me, right? This is becoming idiotic.

Hey, here's an idea:

When we find out who voted for the rule, how about we tell the marching members of each corps that because their corps voted for elecronics, they should go somewhere else and march... or better yet, how about we ask them to just stay home all together. We no longer support them or thier corps and we don't want to see them on the field. Or hey, we can find out where their housing sites are and take away their food so they can't eat. We can syphon the fuel from the busses so they can't get to the next show. We can have take away their instruments and give them kazoos.

In fact, why don't we just tell the kids we don't care about them one bit. What matters more, electronics (which will be aute point in ten years anyway) or robbing future marching members the opportunity to preform becuase we wanted to make a political statement about the state of the activity?

Edited by Newseditor44

I believe SCV sent the two in question members home when they got to Kansas City If you watch the tape from Nats, you can see two rather big holes in certain parts of the drill

Agree that it happend in KC, just like for Bridgemen (77) it happened in Denver. And Bridgemen were only allowed to perform after they went to court. As it was explained to me, Bridgemen had some members that turned 22 part way through tour, and they did not march them after that date.

For SCV one was a snare, yes you can see the hole. Don't recall the other.

but, as I am wont to do I am dragging this off topic. I will shut up now.

I didn't call you an idiot, I said the situation was getting idiotic, specifically the witch hunt against the ten corps that oted in favor of the rules change.

Desiring to know the positions of the corps on a subject that affects the fundamental nature of an activity we provide personal resources to is a witch hunt?!? :worthy:

Desiring to know the positions of the corps on a subject that affects the fundamental nature of an activity we provide personal resources to is a witch hunt?!? :worthy:

No, asking that these corps place signs on their souvenir trucks that tells everyone what their electronics vote was amounts to being ridiculous and unnecessary. Some would even say taking it to that extreme is akin to being a witch hunt.

Hey, here's an idea:

When we ind out who voted for the rule, how about we tell the member of each corps that since their corps voted for elecronics, they should go somewhere else and march... or better yet, how about they just stay home all together. We no longer support them, we don't want to see them on the field. Or hey, we can ind out where their housing sites are and steal their food so they won't eat. We can syphon the fuel from the busses so they can't get to the next show. We can have take away their instruments and give them kazoos.

In fact, why don't we just tell the kids we don't care about them one bit. Let the kids know they can go find something ekse to do becuase we choose to be ###### off, rather than take a step back and look at the bigger picture. What matters more, electronics (which will be aute point in ten years anyway) or robbing future marching members the opportunity to preform becuase we wanted to make a political statement about the state of the activity?

Grandstanding. The kids in this debate are central to the debate in their experience, not their participation.

15 yards, repeat 3rd down.