The Hammer Keeps Coming Down

KeithHall

Freedom of speech seems to be a thing of the past.

I came to DCP because it was soooo much better than RAMD and one particular person wouldn't be allowed here. In any case, there are so many of us older people and the newbies that there is a line drawn and we aren't allowed to be able to say what we want. It's ridiculous that people get suspended for using a letter and astericks to get their point across. NEWSFLASH!!! Those words are being said by members and staff of every drum corp in DCA and every band of DCI. I guess since our Republican President can do whatever he wants, the same can be said by our "elite" at DCP. I laugh when I see that a lot of the "moderators" are youngsters. Babies telling grownups what they can and can't say. I thank the creative minds of our education system in the mid 1980's.

We can't even spell out a common first name...the shortened version of Richard. How dumb is that?

Big Brother is watching means more now than it used to.

If there were more of a comprehensive central guideline for moderation, I'd say "tough cookies".......

but the individual responsibilities of each moderator, at least SEEM to be, open to interpretation.

I sincerely hope that I am wrong and a more constant, consistent form of moderation at DCP becomes apparent.

However, it IS a private forum and I'm sure in the final analysis the answer would be "Don't like it? Go elsewhere."

I just hope it doesn't come to that.

Well.......... I will say this: the 1st Amendment guarantees that the GOVERNMENT cannot infringe upon your freedom of speech. John D. can have what ever rules he wants to you have. He's not bound by the Bill of Rights, the COnstitution or the Magna Carta. My grumble was just in the draconian and selective enforcement of those rules...which seems to have been fixed. Hopefully there will be more training given to the forum support team. I know when I was a FSTM, I was given a password and that's it.

Edited by LisaLisaMoMeesa

I laugh when I see that a lot of the "moderators" are youngsters. Babies telling grownups what they can and can't say. I thank the creative minds of our education system in the mid 1980's.

sometimes "youngsters" end up acting far more like adults than the adults.

i have to question you on just what you think constitutes youngsters and babies. looking at the list of moderators they, aside from one, are all in their 20's and 30's, with one being a touch older than that (love ya Mike D.)

your comment comes off sounding like the old man railing at the neighbors who are having a loud party. those young whipper-snappers with no respect . . . <**>

in your mind just how old does someone have to be to hold a position of authority? 40? 50? does it really matter? the moderators are more than old enough to know what a personal attack is, or whether or not someone circumvents the filters, or basically right from wrong.

sometimes "youngsters" end up acting far more like adults than the adults.

i have to question you on just what you think constitutes youngsters and babies. looking at the list of moderators they, aside from one, are all in their 20's and 30's, with one being a touch older than that (love ya Mike D.)

your comment comes off sounding like the old man railing at the neighbors who are having a loud party. those young whipper-snappers with no respect . . . <**>

in your mind just how old does someone have to be to hold a position of authority? 40? 50? does it really matter? the moderators are more than old enough to know what a personal attack is, or whether or not someone circumvents the filters, or basically right from wrong.

Hmmmmm! Yes it does matter. I am sure they are good drivers too. But experience does matter. And knowing what an attack is and what jest is are different. Or even what needs to be acted on for that matter.

At the age of 60. I can tell you that AGE is not the mark to go by.

What you do. How you do it. What you say. In any field, in public, print, at home or on the job. No matter what the age, is what counts. Between 18 and 80. Show us Content. Not just time served.

At the age of 60. I can tell you that AGE is not the mark to go by.

What you do. How you do it. What you say. In any field, in public, print, at home or on the job. No matter what the age, is what counts. Between 18 and 80. Show us Content. Not just time served.

True, But maturity is. That is what counts.

Have the majority of us actually read through the guidelines? I am happy to report that I just did for the first time and noticed this little clause:

Questions or concerns a member may have regarding any Policies/Guidelines must be handled privately via e-mail, or the Private Message (PM) feature to any DCP staff member. Public threads/posts regarding DCP Policies/Guidelines will be locked/removed.

Now does that mean we are all in violation for the topics we have discussed about the guidelines in the last few days?