Crossmen News

I am a fan of Crossmen up to 05 (my fav is 2001- Late Night Jazz). 2006 just made me turn and get something to eat. I know D II and D I are different sheets, but like I said before, Blue Stars beat Crossmen coming out of the D II/III league. Now mind you, JSU has stayed in the top 12 ever since Crossmen fell out. JSU isn't going to hand them the spot, neither is Glassmen or Scouts. I'm just saying, they have to beat out 3 corps (I would have said watch out for Cap Reg, because they were always on Crossmens tail.) Even though they have the talent, keep in mind that you can have a perfectly executed show but if you don't have the programand design, you won't go far.

And FYI, I know D II may nor be your cup of tea, but they write shows to be competitive in D II, not D I. So when Academy comes in, they will have designed a show for D I.

Blue Stars this past year had a show that was an "on the fence" design to me, more than D II, less than D I. They were testing the waters rather than jumping in like some other D Is that moved up (ie Seattle and Magic).

I think show design is one of the Crossmen's biggest strengths this year.

Marc Sylvester

Mark Chambers

Aaron Guidry

They are Amazing creative minds, and this show is no different.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am a fan of Crossmen up to 05 (my fav is 2001- Late Night Jazz). 2006 just made me turn and get something to eat. I know D II and D I are different sheets, but like I said before, Blue Stars beat Crossmen coming out of the D II/III league. Now mind you, JSU has stayed in the top 12 ever since Crossmen fell out. JSU isn't going to hand them the spot, neither is Glassmen or Scouts. I'm just saying, they have to beat out 3 corps (I would have said watch out for Cap Reg, because they were always on Crossmens tail.) Even though they have the talent, keep in mind that you can have a perfectly executed show but if you don't have the programand design, you won't go far.

And FYI, I know D II may nor be your cup of tea, but they write shows to be competitive in D II, not D I. So when Academy comes in, they will have designed a show for D I.

Blue Stars this past year had a show that was an "on the fence" design to me, more than D II, less than D I. They were testing the waters rather than jumping in like some other D Is that moved up (ie Seattle and Magic).

Amazing what one year can do...no? Last year was last year and this year is a whole new season with fresh blood. I wouldn't say Crossmen has 95 ROOKIES, because someone stated on here that some of those members do have experience.

All I got to say is it's going to be a fun season for Crossmen!

Amazing what one year can do...no? Last year was last year and this year is a whole new season with fresh blood. I wouldn't say Crossmen has 95 ROOKIES, because someone stated on here that some of those members do have experience.

I agree completely. I look for the xmen to be much improved this season. They always bring a certain entertainment value to the table along with their strong tradition. I don't know if it's going to be enough to get back in finals this season, but you have to feel they have a good chance. 08 is the season I really look for great things out of the Crossmen. Can't wait to see the Bones.

Edited by oldtimedrummer

95 rookies! PSSHHHH! They'll be fine!

Congrats to Garrett and Jamie!

Trust me, I've seen what one year can do, I also know that in one year other corps can improve just as much. I've always wanted to see Colts in finals ever since they made the slight uni change, but wanted Glassmen out (can't stay awake watching any show past 01).

I've seen what can happen with an almost all rookie corps, now they are back in motion and cruisin into DCI once again.

Hate to say this and don't flame me if you're a stars or colts fan but it's not much of a leap over them....in my opinion their shows have been rather consistent...consistently not technical or demanding. Plus I know academy did well in div 2 and not to bag on div 2 but this is div 1. The stakes are higher and those who've been in for a while know how to play the game. just don't count them out...they are the darkhorse you know......

Hmmmm, I haven't seen the Blue Stars announcement of their non-technical, non-demanding show for 2007. Where did you find this info?

Also, "those who've been in for a while know how to play the game": I believe that Donnie Van Doren, Frank Sullivan, Mike Anderson, Brent Montgomery, Ron Hardin, etc., etc. have a little bit of experience in this thing called drum corps. I'll bet they have some knowledge of "how to play the game".

Hmmmm, I haven't seen the Blue Stars announcement of their non-technical, non-demanding show for 2007. Where did you find this info?

Also, "those who've been in for a while know how to play the game": I believe that Donnie Van Doren, Frank Sullivan, Mike Anderson, Brent Montgomery, Ron Hardin, etc., etc. have a little bit of experience in this thing called drum corps. I'll bet they have some knowledge of "how to play the game".

AMEN BROTHER! Blue Stars have quite the staff these days! And they definitely know how to play the game.