Crossmen News

http://www.yea.org/site/News2?JServSession...ws_iv_ctrl=1021

I was there for the ensemble rehearsal sunday. The first time brass and percussion played together, and they sounded great. THe opener is very energetic, and the horns also played the seond movement. It is crazy, trust me. You will like it.

The percussion is going to be amazing, and while the hornline is doing well, and very improved, the percussion is just phenomenal for this time of year. The drums play very "blue devilish" which is no surprise considering the caption head marched blue devils.

Hopefully they will anounce the show and music soon, but I am going to keep quiet about it until them. I will say that it is very typical of aaron guidry, the music designer.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.yea.org/site/News2?JServSession...ws_iv_ctrl=1021

I was there for the ensemble rehearsal sunday. The first time brass and percussion played together, and they sounded great. THe opener is very energetic, and the horns also played the seond movement. It is crazy, trust me. You will like it.

The percussion is going to be amazing, and while the hornline is doing well, and very improved, the percussion is just phenomenal for this time of year. The drums play very "blue devilish" which is no surprise considering the caption head marched blue devils.

Hopefully they will anounce the show and music soon, but I am going to keep quiet about it until them. I will say that it is very typical of aaron guidry, the music designer.

:wub::laugh::wub::wub::wub:

I watched a little bit of the vis block on Saturday... Good stuff going on there with Marc... :-)

looks like some people underestimated the dedication these kids have to their corps in the first thread about the move.

I wish the Crossmen all the best in their new home, and I'm sure they will be fantastic, but I really don't think the number of vets returning proves wrong those who expressed initial concerns about whether vets would be able to return after the move.

If the numbers you quoted were correct, that's only 39 returnees, a return rate of well under 50 percent.

Please understand that I'm not knocking the new Crossmen, just saying that if anything, those numbers prove that the initial worries were legitimate.