Capital Regiment to Troopers?

I guess no corps that goes inactive should ever try to come back. There are many corps out there today that have gone inactive or come very close to going inactive / folding and they wouldn't still be around if the few people who believed in them at the time stuck around and saw it through. Good thing no one told those corps they couldn't do it because they weren't named 'Troopers'

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The main connection between CR and the Troop is Fred Morris...he was brought in after the problems CR had in the Midwest and helped to hold the corps together for the remainder of their tour.

And you have to remember that there are only a handful of corps in the history of the activity that has strongly impacted it and changed its direction; and are as well loved as the Troopers. (Remember, it was Jim Jones of Troop and Don Warren of the Cavies that created the Combine that seperated DC from the tyrannical VFW-under threat of blackball; and created DCI.) They are receiving a wee bit of extra love...and they deserve it. :music::drool:

capital regiment well be returning in 08 they did not fold they just went inactive for one season and will be back ..............as will i be returning to cap reg in 08 as well

Edited by CR0506

They have 85 horns on the roster.

Am I the only one who just did a double take at the above statement!??!?!

85 horns?!? You must be kidding, right... WOAH.

Musta got cut....

No... I aged out (quite) a few years ago, but was around Capital quite a bit this summer. Stevens does great work on the field. However, off the field his decisions aren't always well thought out. I was witness to several instances where the instructional staff made very poor choices and set VERY bad examples for the members. I got the feeling that this was their way of letting the administration know they weren't happy. I don't know what anyone else thinks, but vocally bad mouthing the administration to the members is pretty tacky and immature. Especially when many of the problems resulted because you refused to do what the administration asked. Like what, you say? Let's see. How about the infamous heat stroke incident? The parents were upset that the members only got a fruit break that day. Everyone blamed the administration when in fact, the caption heads set the daily schedule - including the fruit break. But don't take it from me. Why don't you ask the Colorguard staff? They were subject to the same administrative decisions as everyone else, yet the only thing I ever heard them ask was why the other sections had so much drama. Sorry, this became a rant, but in the past it's been mostly propaganda from the other side. You'd have to be a fool to believe that it was as cut and dry as some would have you think.

On a more positive note; there are many positive things going on at Capital Regiment now. All sorts of people have come out of the woodwork and are dying to help Capital make their return in 2008. Many great things are happening. I can't wait to see the end result.

No... I aged out (quite) a few years ago, but was around Capital quite a bit this summer. Stevens does great work on the field. However, off the field his decisions aren't always well thought out. I was witness to several instances where the instructional staff made very poor choices and set VERY bad examples for the members. I got the feeling that this was their way of letting the administration know they weren't happy. I don't know what anyone else thinks, but vocally bad mouthing the administration to the members is pretty tacky and immature. Especially when many of the problems resulted because you refused to do what the administration asked. Like what, you say? Let's see. How about the infamous heat stroke incident? The parents were upset that the members only got a fruit break that day. Everyone blamed the administration when in fact, the caption heads set the daily schedule - including the fruit break. But don't take it from me. Why don't you ask the Colorguard staff? They were subject to the same administrative decisions as everyone else, yet the only thing I ever heard them ask was why the other sections had so much drama. Sorry, this became a rant, but in the past it's been mostly propaganda from the other side. You'd have to be a fool to believe that it was as cut and dry as some would have you think.

On a more positive note; there are many positive things going on at Capital Regiment now. All sorts of people have come out of the woodwork and are dying to help Capital make their return in 2008. Many great things are happening. I can't wait to see the end result.

...sigh...

85 Horns is very exciting. A few years ago they only had 100 people at camp period.