Capital Regiment to Troopers?

I was wondering, are a lot of people from Capital Regiment marching with the Troopers this year?

I read in another post that Troopers were recruiting really well...

If not Troopers where are all you Capital Reg people going this summer? :)

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was wondering, are a lot of people from Capital Regiment marching with the Troopers this year?

I read in another post that Troopers were recruiting really well...

If not Troopers where are all you Capital Reg people going this summer? :)

i'm going to disney world for real and then going back to cap reg in 08.........cause i really liked being there

Brian Stephens is the percussion caption head at the Troop this year. He did an amazing job at Cap Reg last year with their percussion program. It is only logical that if he did such a good job last year and his kids liked him, many will most likely follow to the Troopers this year. If I'm not mistaken, Cap Reg had a fairly young group last year with lots of eligibilty left. Thats great for the Troop, because they would be getting a lot of veteran DCI DIV 1 players. Stephens is from South Texas, Houston area, that certainly bodes well for the Troopers, because that area of the country produces some amazing percussionists. Troopers website indicates their percussion camp is in Houston the next two months. Sounds like the F-Troop has realy got it together this year. Regardless of wether or not Cap Reg players decide to play out in Casper, It certianly will be great to see the Troopers back in action this year. The Troopers Drum Major with his sword an pistol has always been one of my favorites to watch. Nothing is more classic in DCI than seeing a Troopers show!!!! Bring it on Troopers and I hope your return to competition is awesome. Capital Regiment will be sadly missed this year, but I sure hope they take the field in 2008.

Edited by loudandproud

I don't know how many members from the Cap Reg auditioned for the Troopers this year, but the ones who did and made it probably won't go back to the Cap Reg even if they're reactivated. The Troopers have a reputation for membership loyalty (once a Trooper always a Trooper).......and no I was never a Trooper. :)

Good luck to the Troop. With Stevens there, they'll need it.

Validate that statement please because from where I am sitting it just looks like a blatant personal attack.

At the DCI seminar in Atlanta, I interviewed corps director Fred Morris for DCI.org. (It will be running soon.) They have 85 horns on the roster. I believe people will be pleasantly surprised.

After the way the activity and fans supported the Troop over the last year, and after they way other corps welcomed our displaced members, I think it's safe to assume that we would do the very same for Cap Reg members or any others who are displaced from a previously active corps. It's that kind of loyalty and kindness and support that is even more important than single-corps loyalty, IMO. Hope that makes sense. I need more coffee.....

I don't know how many members from the Cap Reg auditioned for the Troopers this year, but the ones who did and made it probably won't go back to the Cap Reg even if they're reactivated. The Troopers have a reputation for membership loyalty (once a Trooper always a Trooper).......and no I was never a Trooper. :)

Good luck to the Troop. With Stevens there, they'll need it.

:drool: What's that all about????

After the way the activity and fans supported the Troop over the last year, and after they way other corps welcomed our displaced members, I think it's safe to assume that we would do the very same for Cap Reg members or any others who are displaced from a previously active corps. It's that kind of loyalty and kindness and support that is even more important than single-corps loyalty, IMO. Hope that makes sense. I need more coffee.....

The Capital Regiment is or was NOT the Casper Troopers anymore than the Arizona Diamondbacks are the New York Yankees. Name recognition, history and reputation DOES mean something. Only a corps like the Troopers can go inactive for a year and bounce back. I don't think the Cap Reg can make a comeback, but that remains to be seen.