Amazing things being done in Japan

While searching around on the internet today, I came across a video of a Japanese drum corps called the Yokohama Inspires at DCJ finals. At first, I thought that this would be a performance similar to those videos of Thai corps that kept popping up on DCP the other month. I wasn't expecting that much, but I must say that I was very impressed with the quality of sound and movement that was displayed.

Yokohama Inspires at DCJ finals

Edited by flashofthunder

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

While searching around on the internet today, I came across a video of a Japanese drum corps called the Yokohama Inspires at DCJ finals. At first, I thought that this would be a performance similar to those videos of Thai corps that kept popping up on DCP the other month. I wasn't expecting that much, but I must say that I was very impressed with the quality of sound and movement that was displayed.

Yokohama Inspires at DCJ finals

They placed 7th i think in 2004 at the DCA championships. What a super classy corps. Very professional.

If you like that you might want to check out some other all aged corps.

Trav

Loved every second. I would love to see a corps like that come to the US for DCI championships.

Edited by Carlosvi7

I went to a marching band and drum corps show in Okayama, Japan in 2001. I was stunned at much of what I witnessed. There was an ELEMENTARY school band that absolutely freaked me out. They also have marching drum lines for three and four-year-olds. No kidding.

The entire activity over there is done indoors on a square floor.

Anyone who saw Aimachi's drum line at WGI Worlds last year (they would have won except for one judge who dropped them to third) can attest as to the quality of marching music in Japan.

do these corps have an age limit? i've always been impressed by them, and truly would love to march in one at some point, if age isn't a factor :-)

Edited by siLk

Most Japanese and European corps have a growing number of Instructors and Designers who marched in top 6 corps. So its not surprising they are of high quality.

As far as age, the age limit in europe used to be 25, and I think Japan was the same.

oh wow. awesome! good news.