voting

cavfan

It counts when it is dealing with the Div. II/III activity - I'm pretty sure they have their own BoD.

It counts when it is dealing with the Div. II/III activity - I'm pretty sure they have their own BoD.

There is a II/III committee that decides all sorts of issue frelevant to the II/III corps. When multi-key was passed for the 2000 season, as an example, they voted to delay their implementation in II/III for two years (I think it was two). They also decide annually the logistics of how the II/III champs are run.

prior to the new implementation of the new model that was to together for corps to be given Div I status, those that moved on to DI prelims and made it into, what was it...top 21?, were given a vote for the following year. This I remember because when SCV Cadets cleared the top 17, the SCV organization had two votes the following year.

Now, you have to be granted DI status by a committee organized by DCI in order to be rewarded with DI duties, such as a vote the final rules proposal.

But, to my understanding, there is a preliminary round of votes that both directors (regardless of division) and staff vote on before the proposals hit the BoD for a final vote. So in that sense, the II/III directors do have a vote.

Can someone clarify this though?

prior to the new implementation of the new model that was to together for corps to be given Div I status, those that moved on to DI prelims and made it into, what was it...top 21?, were given a vote for the following year.

It used to be Top 25. But it got to where there weren't 25 Div I corps so that # had to be reduced.

Now, you have to be granted DI status by a committee organized by DCI in order to be rewarded with DI duties, such as a vote the final rules proposal.

[sNIP]

Can someone clarify this though?

You need alot more than just the granting of D1 status. You have to make top 21 three consecutive years before you get a vote. At this year's meeting, Blue Stars and Academy did not get to vote due to this rule.

There is a II/III committee that decides all sorts of issue frelevant to the II/III corps. When multi-key was passed for the 2000 season, as an example, they voted to delay their implementation in II/III for two years (I think it was two). They also decide annually the logistics of how the II/III champs are run.

Committee, BoD...I knew it was one of those. :P But yeah, I wanted to use the key thing as an example but I couldn't remember the years - thank you. :)

the II/III directors meet and take a vote...the II/III coordinator than acts as the voice by using their collective vote in the "main" vote

I have no idea what you're talking about. The II/III representative to the DCI Executive Board has no vote, and there are no II/III representatives in the directors' vote at the Rules Congress.

What I'd like to know is what happened to that new governance structure proposal that some claimed would give II/III corps membership in DCI? It was supposed to be at the top of the agenda....