The Death of DCP

a rant about Gs vs. Bbs

George Hopkins and the evil empire

The Cadets, Cadets, Cadets of Bergen County, etc.

how no one can say anything negative about the Madison Scouts without getting green koolaid spewed all over you

drum corps don't play music anymore

WOODWINDS

how DCI is destroying drum corps

All in all, I've enjoyed many different perspectives on DCP and I've learned from some wonderful people who took the time to set me straight when I wrote something in error, made a mistake, was flat out wrong.

I've developed some new friendships and reunited myself with people from my drum corps past. This is really a great tool and the people who provide it should be commended, BUT...

can we become a bit more original in our thoughts...our ideas...can we think a little harder before we post? Can we be more open to change of drum corps that has occurred in the past 20 year. Can some people just flt out develop some perspective.

Drum corps in this country can be traced back to the civil war and frankly, I'm glad the same instruments used back in the 1870s aren't still used today. I'm glad drum corps isn't just an activity for reinactors.

That's all I could think of right now.

Carry on.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

a rant about Gs vs. Bbs

George Hopkins and the evil empire

The Cadets, Cadets, Cadets of Bergen County, etc.

how no one can say anything negative about the Madison Scouts without getting green koolaid spewed all over you

drum corps don't play music anymore

WOODWINDS

how DCI is destroying drum corps

All in all, I've enjoyed many different perspectives on DCP and I've learned from some wonderful people who took the time to set me straight when I wrote something in error, made a mistake, was flat out wrong.

I've developed some new friendships and reunited myself with people from my drum corps past. This is really a great tool and the people who provide it should be commended, BUT...

can we become a bit more original in our thoughts...our ideas...can we think a little harder before we post? Can we be more open to change of drum corps that has occurred in the past 20 year. Can some people just flt out develop some perspective.

Drum corps in this country can be traced back to the civil war and frankly, I'm glad the same instruments used back in the 1870s aren't still used today. I'm glad drum corps isn't just an activity for reinactors.

That's all I could think of right now.

Carry on.

Whew, had that in you for some time now Tom? :huh:

well put.

Honest answer: No.

Won't happen. People tend to discuss the things they feel strongly about and/or disagree or agree with. If they don't feel pasionate about something they usually just lurk.

And those seem to be the hot topics. What would really, really scare me if is people didn't give a crap. For or against. All these rants, gripes for and against prove if anything the activity has passionate following that cares deeply. That is a good thing.

If they really bother you the only solution I know of is just don't read em and definatly don't post in those threads and they fall of the main page rather quickly. :)

Edited by WWonka

this is gonna sound... well, I dunno.

but here's what I suggest...

1-read the thread title.

2-decide if it interests you

3-if it does, read it and post if you have something to say

OR

3A-if it does not interest you, skip over it and find one of the many threads we have here that does interest you.

It's really not that complicated. and I promise I'm not trying to be mean or rude... it's just.... posting about how you hate it doesn't do anything except bring it up again and it won't do anything to change it.

your best bet is to just choose not to read/respond to it.

I dont know Tom, sounds like you are whining to me. Hardly every topic is as you say, I mean, reality ?? Not even half embrace those "topics" on this "discussion" board. Dont like these topics ?? Start your opwn threads, nobody forces you to read and post, right ??

ANd, I dont htin you speak for the majority, just like I dont, we are just two of many people who have views and thoughts here...imagine, not discussing these things ?? THe most relevant topics in the last seven years and just dismiss them because some oare tired of them ??

What do YOU want to talk about ?? Start some threads, go ahead, its easy, but dont tell others how to think or feel or get some perspective or whatever else your diatribe was full of, this a free-thinkers country and I like it like that, Im not alone.

~G~

1-read the thread title.

OR

3A-if it does not interest you, skip over it and find one of the many threads we have here that does interest you.

It's really not that complicated. and I promise I'm not trying to be mean or rude... it's just.... posting about how you hate it doesn't do anything except bring it up again and it won't do anything to change it.

:huh:

~G~

1-read the thread title.

OR

Out of respect for Krista I am resisting the urge to start another thread about all the following: Amps, Bb's, GE, Guard Styles, Amped Vocals, Retreats, Electronics, Sopranos vs Trumpets and what they should be called, are there Tubas in Drum Corps or still contras?, should Sousaphones be legal, who voted for the evil rules, and who shot JFK.

:P

Edited by WWonka