Drum Corps Rivalries

There are some truly legendary rivalries in professional and collegiate sports, Duke/UNC, Cowboys/Niners, Sox/Yankees, Penn St/Ohio St

Does the drum corps community have anything to offer to this group of classic rivalries? Can we find rivalries like those above in drum corps?

Who? When? Why?

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

De La Salle - Toronto Optimists

St. Johns Girls - Ventures

Cadets/Cavies

I've heard some "angry comments" from a couple people about this.... nothing I can say here, or I'd be banned, but some are hillarious.

Cadets/Cavies

yeah, it definitely exists.

I would say because of the combined conditions of proximity, recent close placements, and very contrasting styles and philosophies in brass, visual, and design, Cavaliers and Phantom.

Yeah, there's probably a few rivalries still left out there. Nothing like the old "fist fights in the parking lot" scenario though.

It makes you wonder if another scenerio like last year were to play out, if BK and Crown would become a rivalry. I know there's already a bit of a rivalry between the two colorguards... might be interesting to see if those two corps trade placements again.

I do remember hearing some cool stories about the rivalry between the Cavaliers and the Royal Airs back in the day.

Edited by Keith Laubhan