Drum Corps Rivalries

I would say because of the combined conditions of proximity, recent close placements, and very contrasting styles and philosophies in brass, visual, and design, Cavaliers and Phantom.

You don't want to say anything good about The Cavaliers around my old euph teacher; a Phantom alum. He's quick to shut you up.

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

and you dont want to say anything bad about them when you go to the school you go to haha

Haha, I know that all too well.

Yeah the rivalry between the Velvet Knights and the Freeloaders, uh, I mean Freelancers was pretty deep. :P

Didn't matter where we placed as long as it was ahead of them.

I think the Madison/Cavies "rivalry" was more of a one-sided thing. Some guys at Madison don't like the Cavies, and the Cavies probably could care less about the Scouts.

Except for after DCM Championships in 1997....

Yeah the rivalry between the Velvet Knights and the Freeloaders, uh, I mean Freelancers was pretty deep. :P

Didn't matter where we placed as long as it was ahead of them.

...and vice versa. :P

I have a very good friend who marched in the Cavies in the late 70's and he told me stories of a nasty rivalry between the Caveliers and Guardsman. He said it got so bad that nobody from Schaumburg wearing a Guardsman jacket would dare be seen in certain parts of Chicago...and vice versa.

I have a very good friend who marched in the Cavies in the late 70's and he told me stories of a nasty rivalry between the Caveliers and Guardsman. He said it got so bad that nobody from Schaumburg wearing a Guardsman jacket would dare be seen in certain parts of Chicago...and vice versa.

This is true. There was bad blood there. ^0^ ^0^ ^0^