Regiment using helmets to outline form in Fire of Eternal Glory in 93

SCV changing pants in the tunnel

Cadets using two melody lines in contrast in 89

Cavies with the worm drill thing in the mid 80s (can't remember the name for it)

man I could go on for days LOL

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cadets '06... after the drum break/tea party, the battery forms one or two files and marches to the backfield fading out their playing the whole way back until the sound disappears. Very nice effect.

Ah yes, I loved that part, that may have been my favorite part of the show.

Ah yes, I loved that part, that may have been my favorite part of the show.

Cadets did something similar in 94 with their WSS show, where they were playing mambo, and then half the corps turned and marched backfield continuing the mambo theme while a horn ensemble had started playing Maria. At one point it was just the tenors playing a rhythm on their gock blocks in the distance. GREAT effect, IMO.

Another similar effect Cadets did in 93 was a favorite of mine was during their slow tune (Hymnsong...Philip Bliss) the battery was in a straight line on the back sideline and they marched forward in a kind of street beat at their tempo with a few guard members in front of them (going to war, I guess). It TOTALLY didn't line up with the horn melody, but when the drumline met up with the horns the tempo locked in and it was amazing. One of my all time favorite drum corps 'moments.'

Regiment using helmets to outline form in Fire of Eternal Glory in 93

SCV changing pants in the tunnel

Cadets using two melody lines in contrast in 89

Cavies with the worm drill thing in the mid 80s (can't remember the name for it)

man I could go on for days LOL

What year did SCV change their pants in the tunnel, I heard about it before.

I always liked Cavies 2002 with the triangle and they do a ripple I believe side step and then a leap.

i absolutely digged the toast during the Vanguard yell in 2004

Oh, and how can we forget the disappearing phantom at the end of SCV's 89 show? THAT was cool...

What year did SCV change their pants in the tunnel, I heard about it before.

I always liked Cavies 2002 with the triangle and they do a ripple I believe side step and then a leap.

1985, was one of the coolest moves ever, in the tunnel with green pants, out the tuinnel with white pants.

One of my favorite all time moments