There have been lots of LITTLE things in a show that are so simple it's amazing and lots of times, they can be overlooked. Share some of your fav's here.

Some of mine:

BD 00 - The end of "Psycho" the hornline plays a few hits from the 'shower scene'. If you have the DVD, look at the guard iso. They mimic stabbing motions with the sabers and the rifles react.

Spirit 03 - The clock formation in the beginning. I didn't see it until I got the DVD and I saw that show 5 times live.

SCV 02 - The elastic band on the flags for the 'tirangle' piece. Very cool and they really showed it off.

Cheers, :bleah:

Sean

w/Stp:

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Vanguard 89- I just liked the masks

VK 92- Red front of uniform, white back of uniform. made for cool moments

Madison 99- The circus portion (King Herod's Song?) just all around in that part

Cadets 00- whole drum break

Cadets 02- BWBB Park n' blow

Cadets 05 during the percussion break, the small batterie ensemble that starts out their feature with a bunch of flams (it's right before the quad feature). At the end of their feature, they "turn off" robot-style, but the camera cuts away, so you have to see it from high cam.

- the little stutter-step/leg lift before the big hit in BD '06.

- the way the "cool" drummer just stands to the side of the cymbal rack for the last 30 or so seconds of BD '03 before he comes out and plays the last lick.

- the "i love you" at the end of the ballad in cadets '93

- the parade in cadets 95

- the battery starting backfield at a different tempo during that one part of cadets '06 (for some reason i just love that effect, horns playing at a slow tempo and battery behind them booking it)

- all the cool uniform visuals cadets did in '05 (they were a lot more impressive live then they are on DVD)

- mr. moto

- bd taking the train out of the station ('04)

Edited by TSRTS13

Cadets 05 during the percussion break, the small batterie ensemble that starts out their feature with a bunch of flams (it's right before the quad feature). At the end of their feature, they "turn off" robot-style, but the camera cuts away, so you have to see it from high cam.

Yes, yes and yes. And the picture below + 1 minute.

Taking off a shako/baldric/aussie for a solo,

Whole corps/horline spinning 360* (Madison 96, PR 03, ect)

Different color taped sticks (Madison 96, VK 88)

Crossmen 2006 - trying to get the engine to turn over at the beginning of the show.

Cadets 2005 - When the princess girl slowly figures out what's going on and who she is, then she starts to have fun with the chess pieces.

SCV 1987 (i think) - when the baritone are dressed as monks in robes. you see them march forward with their arms crossed but you don't see their horns, then the turn backfield. when the turn forward again they begin playing on the horns which they had hidden up their sleeves.

Suncoast 1984 - The creation of the vietnam wall memorial with the graveyard in front of it, then having the lone guard member dance through the graveyard while the corps played requiem

just a couple off the top of my head that were interesting to me.

Cadets '06... after the drum break/tea party, the battery forms one or two files and marches to the backfield fading out their playing the whole way back until the sound disappears. Very nice effect.